GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. newtogolf

question about mkv GTI engine

was this 2 litre turbo 200ps engine built specifically for the GTI? or did this engine exist in other vw/audi cars beforehand such as the A3 or A4or even the latest passat? and then vw decided that they may as well use it for the GTI? just wondered cos you see basically the same engine in...
  2. newtogolf

getting a 6 pack

whats the best way of doing this? have a v small belly but wish to make it more muscular. these days my eating habits are quite healthy and im going to the gym about 3 times a week.
  3. newtogolf

i am unlucky

1 and a half years ownership of a MKV. 7000 miles. let me give you an account of how my life has been with this car bodywork issues: sep 06 - incurred a minor scrape jan 07 - went into a curb too quickly and had to replace wheel/tyre mar 07 - reversed into the back of my mums car, resulted in...
  4. newtogolf

2008 bmw m3 6min driving clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ74JX7EsSM&mode=related&search= i really need to have one of these cars. problem is theyre gonna be too expensive new. should be able to get some good 2nd hand deals in 2012 hopefully. so my dream will come true by the time im 30. only thing is 7 years ago, i...
  5. newtogolf

who competes with the modern 911 turbo?

just been thinking about this. its easily as fast and powerful as a ferrari F430 or a lambo gallardo. but those cars look madly outrageous and arent everyday cars. but the 911 turbo is an everyday car as its quite economical, seats 4 people, has a decent sized boot, plenty of luxury equipment...
  6. newtogolf

heard GTI noise for first time

although the GTI has been around in this country since 04, a few days ago i saw someone giving it the beans and it does make a wicked sound. i get the impression that most of the people who have a GTI couldnt give a fuck about the performance. most of them i see being driven by young mothers...
  7. newtogolf

my new girlfriend, think ive done well here

i just hope that she is not a gold digger.
  8. newtogolf

new golf estate

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new_cars/forthcoming/golf_estate wonder if theyl make a GTI version.
  9. newtogolf

Is...?

is an audi R8 a better car than a lambo (gallardo)? looks, performance, comfort etc
  10. newtogolf

american cars vs euro cars

how come you guys didnt buy american cars? i mean they seem to be very well equipped. they have much bigger engines than the GTI, like 5 litre engines and you have a lot more space. probably a lot cheaper as well.
  11. newtogolf

how do you lose weight on the face?

i want my face to be less flabby. do i just do the usual exercise.
  12. newtogolf

new civic type R loses to GTI

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article1839477.ece end of the day, if you buy a honda, you end up with a honda.
  13. newtogolf

muscle hatchbacks

golf R32, audi S3, bmw 130i M sport. to me those cars are in a different league compared to cars like focus ST, civic type R. much bigger engines, more luxurious inside, no ricer image whatsoever. i think porsche need to make a car that competes with those 3 that i mentioned. that would be...
  14. newtogolf

cars that irritate you

they might not necessarily be rubbish cars. with me its those cheesy popular ones: beetle smart nearly all 4by4s especially range rovers old volvos toyota prius mini big people carriers i duno those cars make me feel very negative when seeing them. in fact whenever i see a range rover, i think...
  15. newtogolf

optional extras vs engine size

ok lets say you were buying a high priced car such as an audi TT or a cayman. would you rather get the standard models (2 litre turbo) and then go to town on the options list. or would you get the higher engine size (3.2) but settle for no options. basically would you sacrifice performance...
  16. newtogolf

1.6FSI with 115hp

thats the engine my courtesy car has with 2 extra doors. compared to the 1.4 75hp engine that i normally drive around, there are a few differences. at low revs the performance is pretty much the same as my 1.4. but when you push it beyond 3500revs, it really does go rather quick. its probably...
  17. newtogolf

a few cars i dont get the point of

right, here are some cars that are one step below heaven: audi S4, audi S6, bmw 335i, bmw 550i, golf GT, porsche GT3. can you see the pattern? basically these cars are budget versions of the flagship models. for instance if you want an A4 with loads of power, why would you go for the S4 when...
  18. newtogolf

S2000 or Boxter or similar?

the golf i own is starting to get a bit depressing. bought last year, has about 6k miles on the clock. within 6 months of owning it major work was required on the engine. now the gearbox has packed up so a new one is required. basically if im having these sorts of problems with a car thats...
  19. newtogolf

ferrari or lambo

which tribe are you from then? lambo for me.
  20. newtogolf

passenger seat of an MK5

so i sat in it for the first time since i ever bought the car, 14 months ago. i have 2 say, any friends/family that have sat in this seat have it real nice. if you have it all the way back theres so much space and you feel low down when you look out the window. its got a big car feel to it.