GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.6FSI with 115hp

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
thats the engine my courtesy car has with 2 extra doors. compared to the 1.4 75hp engine that i normally drive around, there are a few differences.

at low revs the performance is pretty much the same as my 1.4. but when you push it beyond 3500revs, it really does go rather quick. its probably about the same performance as the old 2 litre GTI MK4.

overall its a great engine and it probably returns the same economy as my 1.4 as the FSI is efficient. maybe it isnt quite up there with the turbo diesels tho.

if i wanted this car, id expect to have to fork out a difference of £4.5k at least, which i think is a waste of money. id rather stick it out in the 1.4 for another year then get a 2nd hand boxter.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
6 gears in a 1.6?? whoa i want it! whats the 0 - 60 like mate?

newtogolf

10.5 secs 0 - 60, top speed of about 120.

not a fan of the white radio buttons or the plastic door mirrors.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
14k UK pounds for a 1.6? oy. that's 5k USD more than i paid for my GTI. i knew the prices for cars in europe were way out of wack, but i didnt think it was that bad. :frown:

newtogolf

actually it would be £14.8k cos its got metallic paint. this car was reg in Jan07. theyd probably charge me maybe 14k and give me 9k for mine.

i would not do that.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
75hp!? on 1.4 :cry:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
newtogolf, I think you should hold off. If I remember right, there's something inside you that wants more power. And I don't think a 1.6 with a 0-100 kph of greater than 10 seconds is going to do it for you. Six gears is nice, but it doesn't make it any faster. And it's not anywhere near the performance numbers of the GTI MKIV. Matter of fact, it's not much more impressive than what you're sporting right now (no offense of course), so why don't you just hold off and get a car you're really going to want. A more performance based car is what you've posted about on a few occasions, so that's what you should do (wait it out for a second hand boxster or whatever). IMO :iono:

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
I don't think I could ever buy a car that does 0-60 in over 10 seconds...

There are vans that do the 60 sprint faster than that.

I have different needs and priorities obviously, but I seriously think I'd be laughing for those 10 seconds:laugh:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
what a price of the GTI there in europe