GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is...?

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
is an audi R8 a better car than a lambo (gallardo)?

looks, performance, comfort etc

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
not the V8 R8...if they do a higher performance variant like the speculation going around...then it gets interesting

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
7:52 --- 157.119 km/h -- Lamborghini Gallardo E-gear, 493 PS/1496 kg (sport auto 12/03)

7:58 --- 156.652 km/h -- Audi RS4 4.2 V8 FSI, 420 PS/ 1650 kg, Frank Stippler, (10/05)

7:59 --- 154.822 km/h -- Porsche 997 Carrera S, PASM setting “Performance”, (Walter Roehrl WHEELS 06/ 2004)

8:52 --- 139.529 km/h -- VW Golf GTI DSG, 200 PS/1421 kg (sport auto 11/05)

Should answer your question indirectly ;)

Last edited:

bigg

tastylicious golf owner
id choose the Audi R8 for looks but id choose the Gallardo for performance

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
v10 will lie between the lap time of the 997 Porsche Turbo and the z06. If however it is quicker than the 997 Turbo, then the x51 version [ powerkit ] or Turbo S will hand it back it's rear end.

My guess is the r8 will have a lap time of 7:52~7:56, it's direct competition is the 997 Carrera 4S [with the x51 kit, powerkit]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We72DA47NVI

Last edited:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Is?...this a serious question. Did someone just ask if a R8 was better than a Gallardo?:help:

It's nice but come on.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
Seriously, it's the same damn car. (structurally anyway)

That said, I'll take the Audi. To me, it's the more appealing car.

The only reason it doesn't currently come with the Gallardo V10, is because "the powers that be" didn't want it to directly compete with the stellar sales of the Gallardo. (Lambo being owned by VW and all)

This is not to say the RS4 FSI V8 engine currently used in the R8 is a slouch by any measure. It makes more than enough power and the car weighs little enough to give the R8 a chance against virtually all other streetable supercars.

If they do decide to offer a V10 version (the prototype burst into flames on the Nurburgring during it's first test drive), it won't be for a while.