GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new civic type R loses to GTI

Wom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI !!
Jeremy has been a big GTI fan since the beginning of the MK5, so no real suprise there.

CrzySpoolinIndian

What can brown do for you

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
whys this been moved to this racing thread?

this isnt about a real street race that actually happened in real life lol.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!

I must have missed the part where everyone that bought a new GTI also recieved a free Porche 911. Unless I'm mistaken, at the end of the day you're still driving a Volkswagen, and are still a far cry from the top of the heap.

You can hardly take the word of someone who is obviously biased and try to play it off as the final verdict on the subject.

On that note... does anyone know if he's ever driven an SRT-4? I'd imagine it would be funny to watch.

Wom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI !!
I must have missed the part where everyone that bought a new GTI also recieved a free Porche 911. Unless I'm mistaken, at the end of the day you're still driving a Volkswagen, and are still a far cry from the top of the heap.

You can hardly take the word of someone who is obviously biased and try to play it off as the final verdict on the subject.

On that note... does anyone know if he's ever driven an SRT-4? I'd imagine it would be funny to watch.

The SRT-4 is not for sale in Europe, so I don't believe he has ever driven one.

// Regarding the image of VW, I think that is quite different in Europe then in the US if I read some of the posts here.

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
I guess we are all earwigs...

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings

But you see.....he is not baised, he just likes the new mk5. He hated the old golfs (other than the mk1) and used to like the civics more.

on the other hand, how is the civic type R so slow with that much hp? it is so much lighter than us yet only several tenths of a sec faster. :confused:

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
But you see.....he is not baised, he just likes the new mk5. He hated the old golfs (other than the mk1) and used to like the civics more.

i dont think he wouldve disliked the mk2 as thats not much different from the mk1, just a bit more modernised.

with the mk4 i think i remmember him liking the R32 and the GTI.

mk3 was the one he really disliked.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti

well i wouldnt say he is biased, he just compares cars based on more than what they could do at a track.

i dont think clarkson is really a person to take any sort of car buying advice from, but i find his reviews pretty informative and entertaining. if he doesent like a car he has no problem saying so, he abolutely hated the mk4 gti.

and if he got in an srt4, im sure he would make some owners cry, and the rest would want to kill him. i know the srt4 wouldnt be his style at all...

Rev2Ten-K

Banned

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
:bellyroll: :bow: VW

I gotta agree with Revn2tenk. everyone on here is giving a biast opinion just because they own a GTI. I for one think hte type r is really cool. We talk alot of shit about other cars..well because we want our cars to be the best.. but come on.. if Jeremy Clarkson compared the gti to lets say a mazdaspeed 3.. and chose it over the gti.. then i guarantee everyone on here would call jeremy a sell out bastard with a fucked up grill. am i right?