GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how do you lose weight on the face?

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
i want my face to be less flabby. do i just do the usual exercise.

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
ya..most guys lose it in the face first...ab area last

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
do cardio, but you cant spot reduce. cant guarantee that you'll lose weight in the face first.

newtogolf

tell you whats annoying, i am going to the gym maybe twice per week and making a reasonable effort of avoiding junk.

but i find im not losing as much as i should be.

with clothes on i dont look too bad, but at the end of the day there is still belly which i cant seem 2 get rid of.

yeah i have the odd curry meal and going out drinking but its not exactly everyday.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
tell you whats annoying, i am going to the gym maybe twice per week and making a reasonable effort of avoiding junk.

but i find im not losing as much as i should be.

with clothes on i dont look too bad, but at the end of the day there is still belly which i cant seem 2 get rid of.

yeah i have the odd curry meal and going out drinking but its not exactly everyday.

I study this in University, and to be honest man, this is the biggest misconception. Going to the the gym, or only excercising twice per week is not going to do much of anything for you. You would be much better off doing cardio for simply 20-30 minutes a day.

You need to get your heart in shape, and then everything will follow. Having a healthy heart is crucial to boosting your metabolism, which in turn burns excess body fat. To excersise your heart you do cardio, or "cardiovascular" (think heart). You need your heart to work at about 80% of it's potential for 20-30 minutes a day. For most people this is as simple as going for a run, a swim, or a bike ride.

Join a football/soccer team or a running club. Get a workout partner to come with you on runs etc. It's easy to cop out on yourself when you aren't feeling like excercise on any given day, but it's harder to say no when your buddy is depending on you, and you on him. Any questions you may have, feel free to ask or PM me.

newtogolf

thanx for the help mhs.

when i go to the gym, i do 20min aggresive cycles for like 9km. then i do sit ups and stretches afterwards. id have thought that would do the trick. beforehand i used to do 10min runs but i hated them.

i even do 12 min walks each way to the train station everyday.

i would exercise more frequently but i have 2 work and study for exams so i dont have much spare time.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I study this in University, and to be honest man, this is the biggest misconception. Going to the the gym, or only excercising twice per week is not going to do much of anything for you. You would be much better off doing cardio for simply 20-30 minutes a day.

You need to get your heart in shape, and then everything will follow. Having a healthy heart is crucial to boosting your metabolism, which in turn burns excess body fat. To excersise your heart you do cardio, or "cardiovascular" (think heart). You need your heart to work at about 80% of it's potential for 20-30 minutes a day. For most people this is as simple as going for a run, a swim, or a bike ride.

Join a football/soccer team or a running club. Get a workout partner to come with you on runs etc. It's easy to cop out on yourself when you aren't feeling like excercise on any given day, but it's harder to say no when your buddy is depending on you, and you on him. Any questions you may have, feel free to ask or PM me.

Good job MHS:thumbsup:

Not to be rude, but it sounds like you're simply going to have to put in a little more effort that what you're talking about. And based on your training, sounds like you could use to talk to one of the trainers at your gym or something in order to develop a better work-out regimen. It may have taken years for you to get to how you look now (I'm not sure how you look), but you can expect it to take quite sometime for you to notice large results as well. Especially at the pace you're going. Good luck with it though and stick to at least what you're doing. Something is better than nothing at all.

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
thanx for the help mhs.

when i go to the gym, i do 20min aggresive cycles for like 9km. then i do sit ups and stretches afterwards. id have thought that would do the trick. beforehand i used to do 10min runs but i hated them.

i even do 12 min walks each way to the train station everyday.

i would exercise more frequently but i have 2 work and study for exams so i dont have much spare time.

ya u do..wake up earlier...I was doing high school and college at the same time..working..and still picking my brother up and dropping him off at school..I would wake up at 4:30 in the monring to go to the gym...trust me..u can find time...

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Yea its tough, ive been running varsity track since i was a freshman in HS. GOing to the gym wont do much unless you really know how to maximize you're time there. You're gym should have trainers who you can use when you go, i would get one tell him/her your objectives and take it from there.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
i want my face to be less flabby. do i just do the usual exercise.

Honestly... This is gonna sound totally gay.. so so this alone.. smile really wide.. then pucker ur lips like ur going to blow a kiss.. if u got a double chin this will work wonders... also alot of meats that can cause gout, will cause a fat face.. so no more trips to the deli lol.

Wiely

Banned
Just focus on dropping your entire body fat percentage and you face will slim down with everything else. My face was fatter than I liked when I was at 220, with about 15% bf, after some time off from an injury im 200lb 10%bf and its pretty much back to normal. WHen Im 5% bf theres no fat in my face at all.

Eat clean, cardio amount depends on your goals.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
hell the skiniest I got was when i under went sergery in the hospital when i crached my law in lacrosse.. i lost like 30lbs in 2 weeks since all i could eat was this grose ass jelly.. and yes.. jelly not jello...