GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

optional extras vs engine size

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
ok lets say you were buying a high priced car such as an audi TT or a cayman.

would you rather get the standard models (2 litre turbo) and then go to town on the options list.

or would you get the higher engine size (3.2) but settle for no options.

basically would you sacrifice performance for putting loads of stuff in the car?

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
I like the 2.0T better than the 3.2L so I'd take the 2.0T quattro myself.

If the comparison was something like say, a fully loaded V6 Mustang versus a Mustang GT I'd take the GT with a lot less options.

If I had to choose between a fully loaded GTI and a base model no options BMW 3-series I'd take the BMW.

It doesn't always have to be about performance :wink:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
considering you can't get the 6MT in the 2.0T for the new TT (at least in the US), i'll take a "base" VR6...i've always had a thing for that grunt of the VR, i believe it would complement the 2.0T i already have quite nicely :)

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
ok but i was just giving an example.

normally i would sacrifice power for luxury. theres just only so much power you can have on the road these days.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
If there was a choice, yes. I'd take power over luxury.
I already have a hard time as it is changing radio stations ( not really but you get the point lol ).

In regards to the porsche thread earlier, that's probably why I would choose a 997GT3 instead of a 997TT. But, I'm just dreaming. Soooo, back to normal cars. :wink:

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
If there was a choice, yes. I'd take power over luxury.
I already have a hard time as it is changing radio stations ( not really but you get the point lol ).

In regards to the porsche thread earlier, that's probably why I would choose a 997GT3 instead of a 997TT. But, I'm just dreaming. Soooo, back to normal cars. :wink:

I'd get the TT just for the AWD and the fact you could drive it every day of the year.