GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

More Clowning Around: R32

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Got a mk6 shifter plate thanks for a seller on the mk6 forums and replaced my destroyed one.

2008 destroyed plate (silver trim piece good).

Direct fit - took three minutes to replace. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Did a thing today. Used gloss black front grill. Have black emblems and logos for front and rear coming - may not use em. Also have a R36 dead pedal and smoked backing LED turn signals incoming.

In broken news my hood strut no longer keeps my hood up - so need a new one of those as well. Tiny things keep breaking on this car.

My ValentineOne radar detector was hardwired at the same time as the Double Apex Mute button, an aux port relocate and a USB charger button. Ken @ HS Tuning took apart the the harnesses for all three of the buttons and wired them together in one nice custom harness.

Unfortunately at the time, I only had enough rj11 phone wire to place the radar detector in the middle of the dash. I finally got around to buying some more RJ11 cord and a pass through connector ( <$10 from radio shack). I took apart the entire middle dash, globe box, and A pillar trim to route the cable from the shifter area up to the right side of the rear view mirror. Basically a T17 and a trim tool was enough to do all that. Sweating like crazy since its 90 degrees and humid, with sporadic showers. I also had to wrap the last six inches of the cord in black vinyl since no one sells black rj11 cords, apparently. Tried Ace, Target, and Walmart on other occasions before finally breaking at Radio Shack, where I bought a gray cord and wrapped it.

Well hopefully this placement identifies more radar sources sooner. One car has the set up in the top of the windshield, to the left of the rear view and now this car had it on the top right of the windshield. We shall see if it's actually more accurate during my daily 60 mi commutes.

Last edited:

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
haha your car is reminding me of mine. little crap too. Right headlight bulb, side marker, control arm bushings, Fuel level sender, door latch, front crank seal, rear axle seals, aux input, front bumper silver crap was bubbling so i had it painted to a satin silver to be as close as possible. .... i've jut hit 1 yr of ownership! lmao!

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
haha your car is reminding me of mine. little crap too. Right headlight bulb, side marker, control arm bushings, Fuel level sender, door latch, front crank seal, rear axle seals, aux input, front bumper silver crap was bubbling so i had it painted to a satin silver to be as close as possible. .... i've jut hit 1 yr of ownership! lmao!

What was your original Milage when you got the vehicle? My door latch is going bad as well as the weather stripping but that's for another day. I'll eventually have to deal with the leaking rear axle seal as well.

I love my car though. Just have more maintenance to do all the time [emoji849]

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
I was at around 68k when i got it, im at 77k now. Yea the extra stuff is killing me but not as bad as those seats... man those are uncomfortable.... :'(

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Leather or plaid? Never had an issue of comfort of my plaid seats, even driving straight through to Texas (15 hours drive).

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
"leather" yea the Interlagos aren't bad. i had those in my other gti.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Yea :( my mk6 don't have auto dimming mirrors, rain sensors, headlight washers, lumbar support in powered seats, homelink, other little features like that. Miss a lot of that stuff.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Added a R36 dead pedal. Requires lots of trimming. Not happy with fitment but it's dark and 90 degrees so I'll look at it some other day...

Have a lot of black emblems and logos - not sure if going to use. Black front and rear VW emblems, R32 badges for front and rear and some black housing LED turn signal replacements.

Also hit another interesting Milage number. Bleh. That's 133,999 unfortunately.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
What kind of trimming did you do? i was cleaning my car the other day and I was thinking how dumb the foot well looks with two chinny pedals and one plastic one.... where did you get said pedal from?

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
What kind of trimming did you do? i was cleaning my car the other day and I was thinking how dumb the foot well looks with two chinny pedals and one plastic one.... where did you get said pedal from?

Had to trim about an inch off the plastic tabs on the left side. There's a large amount of material the tucks behind the hood release trim piece. Then had to drill another hole for the T20 because the tab is too large for a golf - since it's designed for the Passat layout. Also trimmed a little on the backside to make sure that the 3 clips clipped in properly. It's hard to describe but makes sense visually when you're looking at it. Not complicated at all - just takes a little visual measuring.

Ugggg, I want an R so bad. Just couldn't find one with under 100k miles in my price range. I like the dead pedal, looks really good!

I definitely didn't buy this at under 100k but the previous owners had meticulous dealership records so I was pretty comfortable.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Had to trim about an inch off the plastic tabs on the left side. There's a large amount of material the tucks behind the hood release trim piece. Then had to drill another hole for the T20 because the tab is too large for a golf - since it's designed for the Passat layout. Also trimmed a little on the backside to make sure that the 3 clips clipped in properly. It's hard to describe but makes sense visually when you're looking at it. Not complicated at all - just takes a little visual measuring.

Oh, ok, thanks! too bad we cant get one off a MK4, those are saweet!