GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

More Clowning Around: R32

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Winter mode engaged. [emoji22]

Experimented with plasti dipping my stock GTI Serrons which have my Yokohama iceGuard ig52c winter tires on them. 2nd season with them but last year i only kept them on for about 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
At least you have an R for winter mode, much better winter car than the GTI.

I'll be plastidipping my winter wheels this weekend.

I keep thinking about getting rid of the mk6 and dumping everything into the mk5 to make a vrt. That mind numbing ripping exhaust note on 450whp would be pretty rad.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I keep thinking about getting rid of the mk6 and dumping everything into the mk5 to make a vrt. That mind numbing ripping exhaust note on 450whp would be pretty rad.

A buddy of ours has a turbo MKIV R32 that's putting down around 400awhp and the thing is absolutely bonkers!!! If I could do it all over again I'd be hard pressed to not do a turbo MKV/IV R32. Only problem I have with the MKV R32 is DSG only, if I had an R I'd really want manual.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
I was reading Performance VW a while back and this guy was running a DSG on his track car with some ridiculous power figures quite comfortably.

Clown,

What did you end up doing about the exhaust? Last I remember you took one out of a MK6 and then swapped back. I stumbled upon NL tuning and that sounded pretty good.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
I got a Milltek resonated catback for now. Noise and some bigger tips. Eventually would like to do a full system from headers to test pipes but theres lots of stuff to do in front of that.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Replaced the original battery today. Being in an insulated closed bolted down battery box in the floor of the trunk meant that for a second I was confused which was the old and which the new battery. Both of them look brand new! But the car cranks so much better now. Also replaced a rusted out DSG oil pan with a newer one obtained for free and did a fluid flush. Up next is haldex filter/fluids and bevel box flush.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Tinted the car 20% rear/35% forward just in time for this milage marker. Bleh.

To make myself feel better, here is a super cute puppy named Lugnut.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Mileage is just a number and nice pup!

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Heh, thanks. He's not mine - a friend's. I believe he's part English bulldog and part boxer. Super cool puppy around 3 months old.

put him in a crate and ship him to me now! Plz

k, thanks

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Heh, thanks. He's not mine - a friend's. I believe he's part English bulldog and part boxer. Super cool puppy around 3 months old.

Haha, I actually have one of those. They are called Valley Bulldogs...

Attachments

• CaptureLo.PNG
    CaptureLo.PNG
    194.3 KB · Views: 428

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
So that particular mix is called valley bulldog eh? Cool! Yours is pretty good looking - and helpful? I keep checking out shelter dogs - probably going to try and find one who takes a shine to me soon. They choose us, right?

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Good luck! Picking up a new puppy this weekend