GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars DD build thread - Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
where does the turbo fit into this picture? Is it mounted onto the manifold, or on the exhaust like older STi's?

It doesn't. Exhaust manifold not pictured, but it would be on the right side that you can't see.

Looks great Terry! I really need to start doing that silver when I spray accessory brackets. What paint is that? It looks great.

Also, which DI cartridge are you going to use a T5 or a T7, and whats the difference? Its crazy how much different the intake manifolds are betrween 234 and 5. Do you think the downdraft style of throttle body has any advantages?

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Double this but only because it's not the sane old stuff. Both his builds are just as epic but in two different levels.
What ever happened to your build mr falut? Get a move on ;)

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Buy that Holset Eric!

its tempting. I'd still have to get an early 9k manifold, the one that came on the '96 block is a t25. I dont really have the money right now but if hes willing to work with me it might happen. After the turbo, all i'd really need are injectors, regulator, pump, all which can be had for ~4-500 bucks (if you dont count proper exhaust, intercooler, etc)

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
its tempting. I'd still have to get an early 9k manifold, the one that came on the '96 block is a t25. I dont really have the money right now but if hes willing to work with me it might happen. After the turbo, all i'd really need are injectors, regulator, pump, all which can be had for ~4-500 bucks (if you dont count proper exhaust, intercooler, etc)

Ha, yeah I looked into it too for mine and just the injectors are $500 for the jolly green giants, then you need a walboro 255, and a massive FMIC, and then you'll probably lose A/C because you have to delete the condenser, then custom down pipe, custom charge piping. Its a lot of work. TD04-19T is a little less hp, but considerable more hp. I have a THIS turbo laying around, with the downpipe and everything that I was planning on using for mine but am not if you're interested in going that route i'd let it go for next to nothing.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Ha, yeah I looked into it too for mine and just the injectors are $500 for the jolly green giants, then you need a walboro 255, and a massive FMIC, and then you'll probably lose A/C because you have to delete the condenser, then custom down pipe, custom charge piping. Its a lot of work. TD04-19T is a little less hp, but considerable more hp. I have a THIS turbo laying around, with the downpipe and everything that I was planning on using for mine but am not if you're interested in going that route i'd let it go for next to nothing.

I looked into the 19t, found some used ones off V70R's for 100-150. Bolts on, add fuel and go. Thats probably the route i'll end up going. If I get really bored, I can get a 6/7 cm^2 turbine housing from ebay, machine the compressor housing and get a billet 19t wheel.