Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
:thumbsup:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
These engines are notorious for sludging the oil due to overheating. Wrapped the oil pan near the exhaust in gold DEI, then I'll be wrapping the exhaust. Basically all that's left is the radiator, IC and condenser in front, then throw the subframe and exhaust in. Might be done by tomorrow if I find the free time

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Bump.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Fixed the oil leak from the oil pressure sensor on the rear of the block and put 100 break-in miles on the car tonight. All went well except that I think I hooked a vac line up incorrectly to the valve that controls coolant going to the heater core so I had no heat during my 2 hour drive @ 18* outside

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Heat is nice to have in the winter! How's everything running/working? I know this project through a couplecurve balls at you.

Everything is working great. Car moves really well for something that weighs 4700 lbs and only has 230 HP. Feels on par or maybe slightly faster than a stock GTI. Turbo lag is very minimal but it does kick in hard once it starts boosting. The better flowing cams from the 9000 engine probably help bump it up 10 hp or so

Its alot quieter and smoother than any of my other cars which is nice. Its going to need tires and an alignment eventually but i've toyed with the idea of getting it lowered on some FK's, but i've also thought about selling it since the fun part is over. Still undecided on what to do