GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Timeline progress page breakdown: (need to fix page numbers as some old posts were deleted and screwed up the order but you'll get close)

1. Battery relocate, FSI passenger side intake, fusebox tuck, LED tails, Shaved rabbit bumper
2. Coolant bar, wheels refinished
7. Start of engine teardown
9. Rewiring entire car
12. Start of engine build
13. Turbo arrives (HTA 3586)
17. First AN fuel line setup
18. Engine assembly, aux fusebox installed
20. Bought MK1
23. Final engine assembly done
24. Painted trans, installed engine
27. Sumped fuel tank
28. Pics of my modified MK1, bought SVT focus
29. Picked up 4motion parts
31. Installed lifter shims
33. 1.8t oil filter housing install, ceramic coated parts
34. External oil cooler install
35. Re-anodized fittings in purple
38. Shaved water lines, installed remote oil filter housing, Made first hard coolant pipe
39. New charge pipes, Bought URS4
40. First hard coolant pipe finished
41. TSI passenger intake started, delrin bushings, Big TB
44. Tucked aux injector wiring in fender, made custom surge tank, TSI intake welded
46. Fabbed plate for aux fusebox, TSI intake done
47. Bought another MKV
48. Other MKV F23T carnage
49. Custom surge tank finished
50. Mounted surge tank, modified LFPF for AN lines
53. Lines ran for interior 044 LPFP
55. More pics of LPFP setup
56. Unibrace installed
57. Blocked off sump on fuel tank, installed billet battery plate, ran AN lines to bay
61. New remote oil cooler setup, A/C delete, covered IC in aluminum mesh, regulator added to LPFP line, made hard coolant pipe #2
62. PCV line to exhaust, hard coolant pipe #2 welded
67. Camber plates installed
68. Aux gauges done
69. Catch can and cutout ordered
70. Bought Saab 9-5 wagon
72. Catch can and exhaust cutout installed
73. Billet bolts and washers for valve cover
74. Custom vacuum pump blockoff plate made, new thermostat pipe and head flange fabbed
75. New thermostat pipe and flange test fit, disassembled alternator for polishing, made hard pipe #3
76. Thermostat pipe and head flange installed, idler and alternator polished
77. Hard coolant pipe #3 welded, heater core line delete solution, start of new wiring harness, rest of engine parts polished
78. Lower hard pipe test fitting, fusebox removed, passenger side harness split
79. HVAC removal, wiring relocated to inside car, building wiring harness diagram
80. Engine removal (again), teardown begins
81. Rear caliper brackets arrive, brake line straightener fabbed, TSI downpipe fabbed
82. New brake lines made, manifold wrapped, firewall removed
83. New subframe insert, Bought a mercedes, more polishing, brake booster cleanup, wiring getting sorted out, fusebox mounted on dash support
84. Found AN brake lines and amphenol connector, re-mounted fusebox, picked up replacement euro firewall
85. Passenger harness tucked and loomed
86. Starting firewall shave, aluminum spindles and control arms installed
87. Custom end links, mocking up brake hard lines
88. Brake hard lines done, drivers side wire tuck almost done, MK4 vacuum pump setup
89. Vacuum pump mounting, reservoir and line mounted
90. Brake hard lines done
91. Ordered more build parts, firewall installed, test fit tucked brake lines and wss harness
92. Picked up porsche calipers, finished brake line tuck and wss wiring
93. Abs module mounted inside

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Decided to start a build thread since im actually starting to make progress with my car.

Here's how i got it in 2008. Its a 2006 6MT. It had 20k on it when I got it.

I decided it was time for an intake and ended up with a bsh intake.

About a week later, an older guy in his purple dodge caravan hit the front corner of my car:

I ended up taking off the lamin-x and i left the flag badge off of my new hole-less grill :)

I picked up a set of h&r supersports from a local member, had the lowers colormatched and also found a set of 5 real ch's with tires on craigslist for $600. The tires were a little wide but i rocked up for a few months.

I decided it was time for a wink mirror and stickerbombed it:

The brakes were due for replacement, so i picked up a set of hp+ pads and schwaben slotted rotors.

I went ahead and picked a set of led tails last summer. I would have to say that my tails are my favorite mod to date

I thought it was time for more power, so i picked up a k04 and injectors with 3k on them.

While i was replacing the injectors, i cleaned all the valves:

Next on my list was to go lower, so i bought a set of silverline x's I will be going way lower than I am now

I bought a votex rep lip and when i took it in to be painted, i decided to also have my sidemarkers shaved:

nmgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I have the German flag too. You and me have the lines vertical, buts that’s the Belgium flag! The German flag has horizontal lines, not that it really matters

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
My plasmas started to flake, so i sent them off to be refinished. they will be done in two weeks:

I started shaving my bay and moved the battery to the trunk:

I had to use the battery tray to mount the bsh shield and i didnt like it there without a battery in it. I sold my intake and fabbed up my own:

Next on my list was relocating the engine fuseboxto the glovebox. It took 40 hours, but i think overall it was worth it:

I traded some labor for a rabbit bumper and had it shaved. The notch is going to be filled in 2 days:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
Car(s)
2 dr CW
I like the progression of the engine bay. That is a lot of work to move the fuse box and battery and really cleans up the bay. Are you going to be working on further cleaning up the engine bay or hold off?

I like the Bert trunk drawing. I think you should keep.

DUB2OT

Banned
that antenna needs to go next ASAP lol.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I like the progression of the engine bay. That is a lot of work to move the fuse box and battery and really cleans up the bay. Are you going to working on further cleaning up the engine bay or hold off?

I like the Bert trunk drawing. I think you should keep.

im just getting started on the bay. I still plan on tucking the fuel lines, relocating all of the evap stuff so that its all tucked and move the pcm harness. Im having a coolant bar made as i type, that will be tucked against the firewall. This way i can get rid of the expansion tank on the passenger side