GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Sooz

Will 17s explode less often than 18s?

To a significant degree, I mean. Hola! Long time no post. I'm looking to replace my 18" wheels/tires due to excessive potholes in the state of New Jersey. Sometimes, they pop out overnight, or are completely unavoidable when there is oncoming traffic alongside you. While I'm a slightly neurotic...
  2. Sooz

Is it possible to return my GTI?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with trying to claim lemon laws on your car. Mine, in particular, is leased (thank god). I have a 2009 4-door mk5 (obv) GTI. I used to be a hugeee enthusiast for years, until I realized that my dream car was actually a nightmare on wheels. In the 7...
  3. Sooz

Venting!

Because only you guys understand. Granted I live in New Jersey, so people drive like elitist maniacs... however, today was /especially/ bad and I really need to let off some steam. meanwhile, tell me some crazy recent experiences you've hadddd? i'd feel so much better! (+ it would seem less...
  4. Sooz

Did you guys like Waterfest this year?

I don't think I've ever been this disrespected/hit on/treated like a piece of meat I felt genuinely nervous, I had to call a guyfriend to come walk around with me. Dudes were like.. making noises at me and I feel like I was touched a LOT (on my butt) by people walking by. it didn't make any...
  5. Sooz

4 Month Old GTI already having probs.

Now that my tires have exploded and my e-brake has come clean off, my four month old '09 GTI squeaks and kind of grates at the squeak when you open or close the driver's side door. It only happens at a certain point, and it's pretty consistent there. I looked at it, but nothing seemed out of...
  6. Sooz

Anyone else going totally alone to Waterfest? :C

My only VW enthusiast friend can't go, so I don't even know if I'm going to show up sunday. I wanted to at least scout out prices and maybe pic up a cosmetic mod (like a euro switch) but I don't want to pay to get in and be alone. So lameee =[[[
  7. Sooz

What's the worst thing a significant other has ever done to you?

Significant other meaning boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance/spouse/whatever. Someone you were in a relationship with or had things with. i'd like to know if I'm alone in this. :p
  8. Sooz

I dare you not to cry

.... .... :frown: It's impossible! NzHJyKkEOHQ (embedding disabled?!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzHJyKkEOHQ&feature=featured No matter how many times you watch it it's like... miserableeee :c
  9. Sooz

tips?

where were you able to learn how to drive stick/dsg, operate in sport mode, and understand boost? the internet is seriously failing me, and I came super close to blowing my gti up trying to teach myself. hah plus none of my friends nor family can help - they're not enthusiasts and they're all...
  10. Sooz

HOW DO YOU DEALLLL

today it was rainy and disgusting. which means people are hustling to get into their cars. I park my GTI waaay out into the last spot in the parking lot... always. imagine my surprise when 4 out of the 5 times I parked today, a beat up SUV was cozy up next to my car. looking at my passenger...
  11. Sooz

CF Door Handle Covers

Hey ~ I've been looking for some sort of door handle cover to prevent my friends and family from scratching up my doors with their rings/keys/nails/etc. The interior is beyond repair, and I'm just about done polishing that awkward nook behind the handle on my passenger side every week. Does...
  12. Sooz

RICERS WORK FOR VW?!

At the VW/Audi factory by my house (i think its parts distribution), there were no VWs or Audi's parked anywhere. In fact... only this was parked there.
  13. Sooz

Taking it all off...

wtf? does this happen a lot? not even 3 months old yet... GJ '09
  14. Sooz

Would you call this rice?

I wouldn't. I would sell my soul for that car. If I ever get the chance to do a new paint job for my gti, I would pick a matte black + that green what wheels are those? anyone know? on that note, the light up vinyl-like wrap they have there? I'd wrap my red gti grill strip with it. jk
  15. Sooz

TCNJ (or local to that area) Dubbers?

I'm transferring from UDel to TCNJ for the fall semester, just wondering if the VW scene is as alive there as it is in Rutgers would be lame if I had the only GTI in the school. =[ (rather if i was the only enthusiast)
  16. Sooz

Star Trek 2009

Best. Movie. Ever. <3 God, it's so good. AND SPOCK IS SO HOT. :C I don't know why I feel this way since Kirk is so much more physically attractive, but Spock is just like... mmm <3 same guy who played the bad guy in heros. must be the eyebrows. and the MAKE OUT SCENE <333 and the original...
  17. Sooz

They probably would have faired better if...

9VG99lZ5jU0 ('cept for the pothole in the very beginning duhhh) lol
  18. Sooz

Clear Tails Tinted Red?

I really like the cherry red look of the tails (stock) on my UG, but I kind of want something a little bit lighter as opposed to tinting them (since that's typically what most do). I should have just gotten a candy white where it already looks like a bold red >< but ...So! I wanted to see if...
  19. Sooz

Puddle Lights

Does anyone have pictures of a GTI (or rabbit) with puddle lights? As in beneath the car, not under the side mirrors? I was thinking kind of like Thanks for the help =]
  20. Sooz

driving a gti in jersey is pretty painful

When I drive in my GTI, I'm usually in it for at least 40 minutes. But the NJ roads are terrible, and though I like being able to feel every bump in the road (it gives me a sense for where I am), I don't like the back ache. My GTI holds nothing back! haha I'm kind of terrified to ask Is...