GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did you guys like Waterfest this year?

Sooz

Ready to race!
I don't think I've ever been this disrespected/hit on/treated like a piece of meat

I felt genuinely nervous, I had to call a guyfriend to come walk around with me. Dudes were like.. making noises at me and I feel like I was touched a LOT (on my butt) by people walking by. it didn't make any sense since there were girls there with like.. no shirts on at all to pay attention to. so not going to do to a carshow alone ever again. lol misconceptions about the vw community.

OTHERWISE! the mk6 actually looks REALLY GOOD irl. even the back looks normal, it doesn't seem as bulky and mini-van-y in person as I thought it was from the pictures.

why did everyone pack up so early, though? I went around 2 o'clock ish.

+++ there was some SERIOUS vw rice there. super funny. =]

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
I went yesterday and it was definitely not like past years. Call it the economy or whatever, but the whole setup was weak. LOL, I get what you're saying about the crowd as well. Bunch of skinny knucklehead 18yr olds w/ no shirts on. Real classy.

BossDuB27

Illuminati
Wow....if I ever saw a scum bag doing anything like that even if I dont know the girl I would knock him out with no hesitation. Sorry about the bad experience, hopefully the next show you go to will be better.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
damn that really sucks sorry to hear that. It might have a lot to do with the area, no offense to anyone.

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
I registered for the Exhibition but ended up not going because of other non-car related issues... $30 down the drain.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad time. I've heard Waterfest has gone down hill but wanted to see for myself.

Seems to me that H2Oi is the show to goto on the East Coast. So much more to do in Ocean City. You can make it a 4 day vacation out of it.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
well you must be a good looking girl sooz but thats still very disrespectful..

this year wasnt as good as last year, being i didnt have my car.

most of the cars were the same thing as last year, or ive seen them before. didnt take many pictures at all. walked the drag for a bit, didnt even bother with the burnout but heard some dude wrecked his shit.

dorn101

Jai Guru Deva Om
Did the guys have over-gelled blow out hair, shitty tans, gold chains, and stupid fucking glasses? Cause there was quite a few of them.

Sooz

Ready to race!
actually it was a whole variety of guys, and not too many of them were of that variety. ^^^^ honestly people of every race, height, age (though mostly older), and style said things. i had this HUUUGE black bag though, so I just held it in front of me and tried to scoot by most of the time haha.

I'm sure lots of girls went through this if they weren't accompanied by a guy. when my guyfriend finally came to walk around with me, the comments diminished greatly. so a reminder for next time: go with boys! >< lol

i expected a little more out of waterfest to be honest. there weren't that many mkvs when I went, mostly really ricey looking mkivs. and I was looking for a euro headlamp switch in particular, and most I saw were overpricedddd.

I LOVED watching cars trying to get into QuickChek right after, though. haha, it's a huge incline into it (the gas station in englishtown), and they all had to do little maneuvers to not bottom out their cars.

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Wow i would say there was about 1/5 of the turnout of previous years. Actually there was more show cars and people at Show and go this past spring. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
I went yesterday and it was definitely not like past years. Call it the economy or whatever, but the whole setup was weak. LOL, I get what you're saying about the crowd as well. Bunch of skinny knucklehead 18yr olds w/ no shirts on. Real classy.

Ugh....skinny guys with no shirts and probably pants hanging off their asses..looking they hadn't bathed in weeks?......:barf:

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
ugh stupid boys, im sorry to hear about your bad experience, but i don't think its a good idea to go alone if you're a girl, considering a lot of the guys there look like scumbags (dansan included, jk jk)

i enjoyed waterfest though, i went with some friends from work. then we nomm'd on sushi right after. good times.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
Im hoping H2O will be amazing this year, im driving all the way from Florida so ill be heated if it blows

it's amazing every year, rain or shine.

and sooz it probably has to do with NJ.