GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Venting!

Sooz

Ready to race!
Because only you guys understand.

Granted I live in New Jersey, so people drive like elitist maniacs... however, today was /especially/ bad and I really need to let off some steam. meanwhile, tell me some crazy recent experiences you've hadddd? i'd feel so much better! (+ it would seem less like someone has a hit out on me)

first off, nj people really want to race me to mergers. i usually don't give a damn, because I care too much about my car to try and gun it with a fcking camry.

however! today, an old silver SUV with the vanity plate 'rettgrl' decided that she was wayyyy too good to be behind me, so when the merger ended (with me a visible car's length in front of her) she hits her gas and starts coming up on my left side to drive me off into the curb.

Luckily, I have a GTI, so I pretty narrowly escaped the psycho's wrath. But it didn't end there! Because then she decided if she couldn't get up the left side of me, she would just swerve out into oncoming traffic and floor it! So she did. Cars were coming, and I was really tempted to let her just get creamed by the oncoming cars but my mom was screaming (i was driving her to the store) so i slowed down to let her in. then the girl clips in front of me as if she thought she was cutting me off, then slams on her brakes. wtf?

i think she honestly believed that her old SUV just bested my GTI.

then she rolled a peaceful 25 mph all the way down the road. and i couldn't do anything about it. i mean, it was some consolation knowing that she was blowing off a lot more gas than I was, but I still wanted to kick her off her high horse. for the rest of the day (even before then), people were driving like idiots and slamming on their brakes in front of me, not signaling, pulling out right in front of me, etc. Typical inconsiderate jersey stuff. i was so glad it was finally getting late and the idiots were getting off the roads.

but then! later that night, i parked out in the back of a deserted parking lot (i was really, really paranoid) to go to the store, and when I came back out... the whole parking lot was still empty. except for ONE really old beat up nasty, dented, scratched, and rusting car sitting up nice and cozy (and slanted) in the spot next to my car. i thought it was like... a mirage or something hah. i couldn't believe it! not only that, but the person dented my rub strip... thing. =/ it's a pretty obvious, like a big chip in it in a perfect arc of how their door would open. i'm not that surprised, even i had a hard time getting into my driver's side door with how close they parked to me. i would have liked to have staked my revenge, but their car was such a mangled mess, i hardly doubt they would have noticed.

i left them a note. lol. there was also a bowl of rice and curry on their passenger seat for some reason. o_O maybe no one was sitting there? too bad they had to park with his drivers side next to me as well.

GODDD. >< I hate people.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
sux man, if its any consolation, I got two dents on my drivers side within the same month, and had to pay 130 to have them removed, (one on my hood as well so a total of 3 dents). People are just really inconsiderate. I believe Karma will come back to bite them in the ass or somewhere equally painful to what they caused me.

gman32888

stick noobie
I live in NY and the best thing ever is sitting in the middle of the white lined dividers to prevent taxis from cutting into the exit 10 feet before the exit ends. If they try I put on my retina burners and hope they can find their way in without destroying their cars.

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Print these out and leave them in your glove compartments for moments like this...don't have to worry about searching for paper and a pen....

parkingsign.jpg

b-rye

DuBBiN like McLovin
Car(s)
BM GLI
x2 on the karma idea. I've been lucky that nothing has ever happened to me with other people. Worst thing are 2 big rock chips, one on my hood and one that has cracked my windshield and it the kind of crack that keeps growing.

I still don't understand why cars park next to other cars in an empty parking lot... It's like their saftey blanket or something :iono:

Sorry to hear, and your right we pretty much are the only ones that understand.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Most car enthusiasts feel the same about their cars; and will work that extra bit to protect other people's cars as well. Unfortunately the other 85% of the world population are too busy being self-centered and and rude to bother thinking of anyone but themselves..

Sorry to hear about the damage bud, I know how you feel

Last edited:

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
yea, when i park in a mall or some other busy lot i usually find a really nice car, or a modified car that isn't an obvious ricer and i try to park next to them as if helping one another out lol.

But the main cause of your problems is that you live in fucking dirty jersey. fuck that place lol

heathcliff57

Ready to race!
Most car enthusiasts fell the same about their cars; and will work that extra bit to protect other people's cars as well. Unfortunately the other 85% of the world population are too busy being self-centered and and rude to bother thinking of anyone but themselves..

Sorry to hear about the damage bud, I know how you feel

That is exactly right.

You just have to remember everytime you get behind the wheel that everyone else could care less about you and your vehicle. They are only worried about themselves. They have somewhere to be and that's all they care about. Don't forget this and you can typically avoid any type of trouble on the road. Keep your eyes moving and watch for any erratic behavior.

In my 10 years of driving on public roads I've had one collision. A lady rear ended me because traffic was coming to a stop and she wasn't paying attention. I could have avoided it had I swerved into the emergency lane. Just something to learn from.

Stay safe out there!

kyle

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like you had a pretty bad day day on the roads yesterday. With regard to the white trash chick in the SUV, you just have to learn to let those people go do their thing. Trust me, when I was younger, there were a couple of times that I actually got out of my car at a stop light/stop sign (after getting cut off) walked up to the 'offending vehicle' and reached into the drivers side door to grab someones phucking head...it actually happened on several occasions...with cars all around me.:lol: Admittedly, I may have had a bit of an...errr...'anger management' problem when I was younger.:lol:

Now that I'm older and realize that I'm actually doing more potential damage to my car (and to my personal time) by phucking with these piece of shit drivers, I don't waste my time. They WILL phuck up eventually...somewhere, somehow.

dmbbum

420 champion
Car(s)
09 CW 2DR GTI TSI
Had the same happen to my gti in a parking lot. No one in the lot when I go in , but when I come out there's a maxima next to me and a chunk of paint missing from my rubber strip. Didn't leave them a note though. I left my signature on their door with my house key. I had the car for 10 days so it really got to me b/c it was the first scar and not my fault at all.
New York drivers are just as bad as jersey drivers .
Get some touch up paint , that's what I did . You could hardwly see it's there and I have a candy white

krische

vdubber in training
Yeah, I had an SUV try to do something similar to me. They were merging from the on ramp, and instead of trying to merge into the 50+ ft gap I left behind me for them, they tried to floor it and squeeze into the 10 ft gap in front of me. I didn't let that happen :biggrin: I knew they were going to do that so I quick closed that gap even more and they ended up having to merge behind me (god forbid). I think that pissed them off since they honked their horn then cut someone off in the lane left of me to floor it pass me. I just flipped them the bird and got off since my exit was the next one.

krische

vdubber in training
Also, is it just me or does it seem that the bigger the car people drive, the more they seem to act like the road is theirs?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
i would have liked to have staked my revenge, but their car was such a mangled mess, i hardly doubt they would have noticed.

GODDD. >< I hate people.

People cant drive with slashed tires all around :wink:

utekineir

Banned
I was walking into a store one night and noticed an older explorer sitting there with its door open and pushed into the car next to it, the dumb hoe driver was sitting there tightening a soft cast, or boot or something, and felt she needed to put her foot up on the armrest of the door, with it open into the adjacent car.

If that had been mine I would have taken pictures of the plates, the door open and the proceeded to flip the fuck out on her.

I came out later both cars were still there, the little hyundai had big marks in its door.

Some people are shit.