GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4 Month Old GTI already having probs.

Sooz

Ready to race!
Now that my tires have exploded and my e-brake has come clean off, my four month old '09 GTI squeaks and kind of grates at the squeak when you open or close the driver's side door. It only happens at a certain point, and it's pretty consistent there.

I looked at it, but nothing seemed out of place. And I did search the threads, I didn't come up with anything related to my problem.

Then I waited for a little while to see if it would go away. It doesn't. But it does make my GTI sound like a piece of crap.

Anyone know what this is? Is it loose from the hinges? I can't imagine I need to oil my door already after 4 months.

My '06 jetta never gave me these problems. I'm kind of feeling like I would have been better with a VW out of Mexico than Germany atm.

dubpressed

oh hi :)
Car(s)
2001 Golf GL
give it a good ol' squirt of WD40/semen and stop thinking 'it can't need it its only 4 months old.' be a man and take care of it.

/post thread about squeaky door/ima pussy

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
My brakes squeak first thing in the morning but are okay after a few minutes..:iono:

Sooz

Ready to race!
give it a good ol' squirt of WD40/semen and stop thinking 'it can't need it its only 4 months old.' be a man and take care of it.

/post thread about squeaky door/ima pussy

:dnftt:

maybe you don't remember, but I was the only person nice enough to help you out in your last thread looking for a good used modified car site.

My brakes squeak first thing in the morning but are okay after a few minutes..:iono:

hah, yeah :x all cars do that, I'm sure.

=/ it's just my door. I feel like that squeak/grind is going to turn into something nasty.

dubpressed

oh hi :)
Car(s)
2001 Golf GL
spray wif WD40 I SWAYRE it woorks sooz

and i remember now, but the troll needs food.

ps. my brakes don't squeak in the morning......... mkiv?

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Take it to the dealer....some times things we think are minor,turn up being more problems down the line.....I've already replaced one tire that was on the verge of blowing up and I've only had my car for a month....

Sooz

Ready to race!
like i said lol mkv

It's not mkv. My mkv jetta was perfectly fine. =[

Take it to the dealer....some times things we think are minor,turn up being more problems down the line.....I've already replaced one tire that was on the verge of blowing up and I've only had my car for a month....

yeah, my tire blew up in the rain two weeks after being driven, and I had to pull over (in the mud, at night, with no streetlights! haha) and change it all by my onesies because my warrantee didn't come with roadside assistance. that was extra.

I was 18 at the time. And very unhappy, hah. Trying to look at the manual in the passengers side kneeling in the mud trying to jack up the car without breaking it. I wasn't strong enough to hold the tire in place (since there aren't any mounts) so I had to call my dad to come drive to where I was and help me.

Think I might get a big jeep wrangler when the lease is up. :X lol.

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Precious 012.jpg

Everyone should have one of these as back-up.......:wink:

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Those were the sucky Goodyear tires...got Bridgestone Duellers 30 x 9's on him now.

kayubassist

なんとなく
Car(s)
Audi A3
yea.. if it bothers you definitely go to a dealer and have it taken care of...

one of my tail light bulbs was burnt in the first week of ownership

i asked the service guy, what the hell it's a brand new car!!?? and he goes yea but you change 10 light bulbs in your living room and they don't all go out at the same time right? some may go out faster than others

so even though your gti is pretty much brand new, anything can go wrong here and there

Scharf

If you think a VW gives you problems DO NOT get a Wrangler.