GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

driving a gti in jersey is pretty painful

Sooz

Ready to race!
When I drive in my GTI, I'm usually in it for at least 40 minutes.

But the NJ roads are terrible, and though I like being able to feel every bump in the road (it gives me a sense for where I am), I don't like the back ache. My GTI holds nothing back! haha

I'm kind of terrified to ask

Is there anything I can do to lessen the feel of this in the cabin, or at least for me? =/ is there anything I can do? and does anyone know what I mean? the mk4s didn't feel this... sporty.

i've tried every type of seat position, and leaning the seat waaay back kind of helps? but I can't see so I'd rather just...

i should've gotten a god damn caddy with the way I'm complaining. i don't mean to, i'm just trying to find a compromise to make my gti a little bit less tough love

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
You could run 16" wheels and big balloon tires. That might would make it better. Yeah it is a bit firm from the factory aint it? I had that problem too, i just got use to it.

Sooz

Ready to race!
hee, you're right. maybe I should invest in 16" wheels, especially since I blew out my 18" tire (ripped it in half) in the first month of owning my GTI. function ftw? ughh, balloon tires sound so good right now haha. wonder if there are any sexy 16" wheels around here. or just stain it all black and hide it! haha

Koni Coilover! I looked it up, it seems like the perfect solution! thank you SO much! :thanks:

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
is there anything I can do? and does anyone know what I mean? the mk4s didn't feel this... sporty.

:23:

Sports bra?

And I'd suggest a slightly lower tire pressure, but with your 18's that'd probably mean a broken rim.

Sorry, I can't think of anything else other than installing the 4x4 springs that came in my car. :frown:

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
my car felt fucking insane when it was brand new, and I have Jetta suspension with only 17" wheels.

it has gotten less rough now that I have 30K+ miles, but still very firm.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
LOL so that's why vw made the gti ride so bouncy >:C

to keep the men, who MUST carry their baggage around, happy and give them something to look at other than that boring ass road.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
seat cushion Sooz.

and turn the lumbar support to off. i don't even know why they added it.

fishst1x

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 GTI
When I drive in my GTI, I'm usually in it for at least 40 minutes.

But the NJ roads are terrible, and though I like being able to feel every bump in the road (it gives me a sense for where I am), I don't like the back ache. My GTI holds nothing back! haha

I'm kind of terrified to ask

Is there anything I can do to lessen the feel of this in the cabin, or at least for me? =/ is there anything I can do? and does anyone know what I mean? the mk4s didn't feel this... sporty.

i've tried every type of seat position, and leaning the seat waaay back kind of helps? but I can't see so I'd rather just...

i should've gotten a god damn caddy with the way I'm complaining. i don't mean to, i'm just trying to find a compromise to make my gti a little bit less tough love

so you can rid the pain while still keeping that "bounce"...mini bean bag...it will work like a chizarm..:thumbsup:

Sooz

Ready to race!
really? the lumbar support? i'll do that while I wait then, thanks for the tip. mine has been on this whole time, imagine if that was the problem?

and omfg the bronx. i would buy a used lincoln town car, end of story. haha, and I thought driving my GTI through staten island was painful...

i think I might just... stick in a seat cushion.. :xxxx see what happens, lol

I have no butt nintendodude. :c i'm sorry, i dieted and it peaced out

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
I have no butt nintendodude. :c i'm sorry, i dieted and it peaced out

weak.

Oh well, best of luck with the seat cushion. maybe you could get crafty and find a way to insert it under the fabric so it doesn't cover the interlagos...