GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My K04 dyno numbers

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
Sorry to hear?? Those are GREAT numbers for that dyno. For reference, two local guys on this forum (Dybz and G60 Corrado) both had their cars dynoed there like 2 weeks ago. Both are stage 2, one TSI, one FSI, one 6MT, one DSG. Both made around 220whp. That being said making 280whp on the same dyno is amazing, especially for stock IC and beinf FSI. The Stage 2 TSI even had an S3 IC for reference. Dont be down on your numbers man, I was VERY impressed to see you made that kind of power. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Dybz (Stage 2 TSI with S3 IC) made 222whp

was this on a mustang dyno?

OP throw it on an egojet and you'll be satisfied with the numbers. like everyone said 280whp is quite good for a mustang dyno

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yes, my car hit 221.3whp at 6300rpm and 254wtq at 3500rpm with APR Stg 2, P Flo filter with an AEM Dryflo filter, ATP catless DP, Autotech CB, and a EJ Grenade relocate kit with the noisemaker removed. My clutch slipped on the first run.

JoeyDaBomb

Go Kart Champion
I actually don't think those numbers are that bad considering the dyno and with your mods.

I really need to get mine on some rollers.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
A properly tuned KO4 kit with w/m will push the factory rods. For people not wanting to do internals but still have more power a KO4 is still a viable option, especially for people like me whom already have water meth kits. A GT28 with w/m, imo, will be too much for this car also. Its still FWD, and i like my daily driver with my warranty.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
I talked with people at apr, customers running apr k04 w/wm or 100oct fuel and no ones had an issue. Aprs map holds boost back until 4500rpms.

good to know! :thumbsup:

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
i'm actually going to say those numbers suck. why? look at the dyno graph, there is something seriously messed up over 5700 rpm. i could definitely see something over 290 if not 300 once that's fixed up, whether it's from your fueling or restricted airflow or whatever.

on another note, how was it in the shop today? cold? warm? did they have the door closed and the heater on or something?

I agree, something is not right up top. Most K04 dynos that I've seen keep pulling up to the 6700 rpm mark.

Get some logging done. Look at intake air temps, low and high pressure fuel, fuel trims, throttle angle, boost pressure, wastegate duty cycle etc...

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
they had to warm the car back up before they began the runs. it sat outside in 27* air for a good 30 min before they even pulled it inside

Be careful with that. The ECU will hold back power before the engine is fully warmed. It's a protection routine. :thumbsup:

It'd be nice to see a stock baseline on the same dyno. Also, ask the dyno operator for the raw files and view them in a viewer software. That way you can see it with and without correction as well as turning on and off the different smoothing methods.

BTW, any reason you let off before redline or do you have a DSG?