GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My K04 dyno numbers

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
a stock TSI hit 193 on that dyno, which we found strange since a stage I TSI hit 203, and 2 of the stage II TSI's hit 219 and 222 respectively with slightly different mods. all tunes were APR.

On the same dyno?

same day?

Grab the actual dyno files and check them out in the powerdyne software. Turn off the SAE correction especially since the car is turbocharged. Naturally temperature will run different areas of the maps, but still, I've seen some pretty wild power swings on mustang dynos with correction on and big temp differences. Also, if the cars dyno runs were not all setup the same it will alter the results.

Pain the ass, right?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
BTW, any reason you let off before redline or do you have a DSG?

the dyno operator was in my car, not me. also, i've been having issues with maf and lp fuel codes. one of the techs at the shop said that the reason was because the stock fuel return valve was not "powerful enough" to contain the requested pressures. he suggested installing the rs4 fuel return valve. any comments? i also mentioned to him that when logging my requested vs actual fuel pressures, i saw a max of 10 bar deviation. he said that 5 should be max. any suggestions?

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
On the same dyno?

same day?

Grab the actual dyno files and check them out in the powerdyne software. Turn off the SAE correction especially since the car is turbocharged. Naturally temperature will run different areas of the maps, but still, I've seen some pretty wild power swings on mustang dynos with correction on and big temp differences. Also, if the cars dyno runs were not all setup the same it will alter the results.

Pain the ass, right?

same day, same dyno, the two stage II's and stage I were within an hour or so of each other. the stock one was a bit earlier, maybe 2 hours before .

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I talked with people at apr, customers running apr k04 w/wm or 100oct fuel and no ones had an issue. Aprs map holds boost back until 4500rpms.
I don't run APR but that's exaclty what I'm talking about. They are holding back boost to save the rods so getting a bigger turbo than ko4 with my w/m kit would mean internals
:wink:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Be careful with that. The ECU will hold back power before the engine is fully warmed. It's a protection routine. :thumbsup:

I figured that's the reason my car never really boosted over 13psi even after 5 or so minutes of driving it. I try to let it warm up fully before beating on it, but on occasion I'd have to go wide open throttle when it wasn't fully warm.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I figured that's the reason my car never really boosted over 13psi even after 5 or so minutes of driving it. I try to let it warm up fully before beating on it, but on occasion I'd have to go wide open throttle when it wasn't fully warm.

Yeah, when I was up in PA in the winter I got my GTI K04 back and while getting on the highway I was like "WHAT THE BALLS?!?!", then I realized the car wasn't warmed up. Sometimes it will boost higher even when not warmed up but for the most part it will do everything it can to try and limit boost.

salsa_gli

a.k.a. GLI_BOI
i think i may have figured out the hesitation/fuel cut feeling. i had a loose hose clamp on my intake on the turbo. need to do some more testing, but i hope that was it.

that is not what your problem was.. i already told you on what to do to fix it.. take my suggestion ;-) you won't regret it :word:

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
my last dyno session(before many of my current mods) was 246/273 on a mustang dyno. Will be tuning my meth setup on the shop dynojet here shortly... thinking I may be pleasantly surprised

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
don't listen to this fool, he wouldn't know a DV valve from an intake valve.

Yea that fool needs to check himself, and his salsa :fighting0030:

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
Yeah, when I was up in PA in the winter I got my GTI K04 back and while getting on the highway I was like "WHAT THE BALLS?!?!", then I realized the car wasn't warmed up. Sometimes it will boost higher even when not warmed up but for the most part it will do everything it can to try and limit boost.

that explains a lot (i hope)...i ran into my buddy one morning in his stock turbo mini and i was inching away from him....and i'm stg2 :lol:...the car had only been on a whopping 5mins after sitting cold all night (garaged socal winter, at most it was 55-deg outside that morning....stupid thing to do for the motor i know but it was my buddy and i couldn't let him have it:paddle:

GTIWV

WV VW
I need to get mine on a dyno and see what it puts down