GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

AC cleaner or deodorizer 4 sale in Sydney?

Hi all I am trying to get rid of the musty smell in the AC system... some forum members in the US suggested AC cleaners such as Klima-Fresh Liqui Moly, BG Frigi-Clean or Wurth A/C & Heating System Cleaner. However I can't seem to find any Australian website that sell these? Has any1 from Aus...
  2. S

spotted this today:

Already posted it in the 'Spotted' thread but this probably deserves its own thread...
  3. S

HELP... brakes deteriorating fast

in the last two days i have noticed a significant deterioration in my brake's performance. the odometer is only showing 17,000ks and the rate of deterioration is just not normal as it felt fine only a wk ago. the car just doesnt want to stop unless i depress the brake pedal by more than 1/3 of...
  4. S

HELP. Trouble Starting and Oil Leak

Decided to go out for dinner yesterday night. Inserted key and twist... car won't start first time round. Tried again and it started as normal. Today, car starts as normal but when i backed out of the garage i noticed oil stains on the floor. can anyone shed some light as to what the issues...
  5. S

i didn't know our keys were waterproof!

i was smart enough to have left my key in the pocket of my jeans... in the laundry basket it went and as the missus was hanging it on the clothsline out came the key... and hit her on the head! thank lord it still works... or should i be thanking my front loader which spins at 1200rpm?
  6. S

OT: What should my GF do?

She currently owns a 03 build RAV4 5 Dr Crusier spec w the 2.4L and 38000km on the odometer... insurance is up for renewal @ a pricey $1600 despite her being over 25... rear tyres are also due for replacement. Car's in an ok condition but lately i've noticed a bit of vibration when the car's...
  7. S

issue with courtesy car

dropped my car off at my dealer this morning and got myself a courtesy car... the service guy knew nothing about customer service ... gave the impression he didnt care about the issues i had w my gti... anyway gave me the keys and said "i dunno where the car's parked!" so i found the car and...
  8. S

vibration

how much vibration can you feel from your steering wheel when your car's stationary in D? i've noticed this with my car recently and i was sure it wasnt there before. not to mention i also feel vibration at speeds >120km/h... need an alignment done! share your experience!
  9. S

OT: TRD Aurion

241kW and 400Nm via the front wheels ... can anyone spell t-o-r-q-u-e s-t-e-e-r?? no LSD btw starts from AU$57,000, to $62,000. "TRD doesn't think it is worthwhile trying to tempt Ford and Holden loyalists away from their ingrained beliefs. "The [Ford and Holden] tribalists will not...
  10. S

OT - Orion Falcon fotos leaked!!!!

received my copy of Wheels today and the feature story's about the FPV Orion Falcons... photos of the undisguised design showing the new F6 and GT-P! Apparently these were retrieved from a landfill site in Melbourne lol. Power figures are : XR6T : 260kW XR8: 280kW F6: 300kW GT/GT-P: 320kW...
  11. S

Enzo & GTI

click haven't seen this b4 and it's not in JJ-R32's sticky thread note: those who hate clarkson... dun bother!
  12. S

DSG and speedhumps

some of u may have experienced this ... visited my cousin who's currently renting a place at this brand new residential development with this huge a$$ underground carpark... anyway just crawling along slowly in the car park and approached a speedhump (essentially a curved concrete block) ...
  13. S

if you're in the mood to read something...

click here
  14. S

bubbles in dealer fitted tint

does anyone know whether bubbles in tint can be fixed at all? i've noticed some bubbles at the edge of the windows and am not happy with the overall quality of the job. will raise the problem with the dealer but am worried that they will f*ck things up even more. :iono:
  15. S

Top Gear crashes.... a biofuel Koenigsegg!!!!

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2007/05/stories/05/1.html only 1 in existence btw!! :eek:
  16. S

Count your rattles

Don't get me wrong I love my car to bits... but these rattles are just driving me iinsane :mad: 1. The front of the driver door beneath the A pillar 2. Occasion rattle from diffuser vent 3. B-pillar driver side occasionally gives off creaking sound 4. Driver door began rattling since this...
  17. S

Axle Tramp

Can anyone explain to me why axle tramp occurs especially on wet roads? Tonite just for fun stepped on the throttle a little too enthusiastically from the lights and since it was drizzling ... major axle tramp and the front wheels shook like a b!tch... it couldnt have been healthy for the car
  18. S

First Call to VW Road Side Assistance...

... and they don't have a record of my car, even after providing my rego, VIN number, name etc ... at least now i know there's another person with the same name as me with a GTI too (although he owns a RS) anyway i was over at a fren's place for dinner. hopped onto the car wanting to head home...
  19. S

powdercoating stock 17"

anyone ever contemplate powercoating their stock rims? last wkend i spent some time cleaning the brake dust off my 17" but now that there are clean i dont like the look :tongue: esp having a CW i reckon a darker looking rim will provide a good contrast so i am thinking about coating the rims...
  20. S

croaking sound

ok i HAVE done a search and i dont think it has been covered... it's not this http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7194&highlight=creaking anyway, when driving up/down inclines at an angle e.g. driveway, stereo off, i can hear some creaking/croaking sound from within the cabin... one...