GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

powdercoating stock 17"

sola|2a

vdubinmatownhaus
anyone ever contemplate powercoating their stock rims? last wkend i spent some time cleaning the brake dust off my 17" but now that there are clean i dont like the look :tongue:

esp having a CW i reckon a darker looking rim will provide a good contrast so i am thinking about coating the rims with a moderately dark shade of grey or even gunmetal...

how much do you guys reckon it will cost to do all 4?

BLKMKV

Ready to race!
about 200bucks ive had my old rimz done b4 on my previous car but it wasnt powdercoated last time it was 2pac paint or sumthin i dunno wot its called but yeh a painter did it...

Tiny Gti

Banned
Car(s)
05 GTI MKV DSG 5DR
I think Tiny_gti's friend powder coated his stock wheels (now sold?)

Tiny? Where abouts did he get it done and for how much?

He still has the wheels and may be keeping them now for track & drag duties, he got them done as Seven Hills Smash Repairs, his mate works there, top finish and as good as factory. Think he said about $100 per wheel.:thumbsup:

Tiny Gti

Banned
Car(s)
05 GTI MKV DSG 5DR
Both your cars are looking good! Do you both have the r32 tail lights now?

LOL wish I had 2 dude! just the one mate, the one with the black rims is my mate's, he doesnt get much time to post on the forums, his kids keep him busy.

Yep Both My car and Lou's car have the R32 Taillights, got them in from TM Tuning!:thumbsup:

I'll post some new pics up soon, and some of Lou's car also!:drinking:

aussie_FSI

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
LOL wish I had 2 dude! just the one mate, the one with the black rims is my mate's, he doesnt get much time to post on the forums, his kids keep him busy.

Yep Both My car and Lou's car have the R32 Taillights, got them in from TM Tuning!:thumbsup:

Sorry i meant both yours and Lou's car are looking good! :thumbsup:

BLKMKV

Ready to race!

hey tiny how long did they take to get the lights here as i am also thinkin off gettin them from tm?

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
hey tiny how long did they take to get the lights here as i am also thinkin off gettin them from tm?

ohhh and what was the price inc delivery to Sydney..tanx :thumbsup:

sola|2a

vdubinmatownhaus
He still has the wheels and may be keeping them now for track & drag duties, he got them done as Seven Hills Smash Repairs, his mate works there, top finish and as good as factory. Think he said about $100 per wheel.:thumbsup:

i am assuming that's mates rates... if so i may be looking at over $500!