GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vibration

sola|2a

vdubinmatownhaus
how much vibration can you feel from your steering wheel when your car's stationary in D?

i've noticed this with my car recently and i was sure it wasnt there before. not to mention i also feel vibration at speeds >120km/h... need an alignment done!

share your experience!

captainslow

Mr Oversteer
if you feel the vibration on high speed you should get the wheels balanced not alignment. although it's nice to have an alignment done if it's not for a while.

co-incidentally I just purchased the suspension manual from ErWin, very interesting article about suspension and how to service them. not too bad for the price it's only $20 something euros.

when idling, if you shift to N the vibration would go away if you leave it in D usually. I know many people say it'll put the gears to neutral, but personally I think the clutch is mildly slipping instead. only time will tell how long the clutch will last in D in traffic. I'll do N instead, that way you're sure the car is definitely not in gear. Better the devil you know. :)

sola|2a

vdubinmatownhaus
thanks for the tip captain...

reckon it's worth it to get the dealer to do my wheel balancing? i am going in on the 24th to have my oil change done!

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
yeh i also feel the vibration at 120km/h + :biggrin: how much does it cost to fix :thumbsup: