GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

i didn't know our keys were waterproof!

sola|2a

vdubinmatownhaus
i was smart enough to have left my key in the pocket of my jeans... in the laundry basket it went and as the missus was hanging it on the clothsline out came the key... and hit her on the head!

thank lord it still works... or should i be thanking my front loader which spins at 1200rpm?

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
Might be worth pulling the remote (buttons) half apart to make sure there isn't any water left in it, as it could cause corrosion in the long run. The key blade/transponder half will be fine, as the transponder is completely waterproof.

remigi

Ready to race!
yep i pulled mine apart and the nice rubber seal is a smart idea :) smart germanz haha... yes i have dropped mine in my marine aquarium when trying to move a coral haha stupid shirt pocket... clown fish thought it was food at first haha

sladflob

Ready to race!
Mine went through the wash but still works. Was surprised, but very thankfull!

Are the white outlines on the buttons still visible? Mine haven't been thru the wash but have already faded badly. I once replenished them with liquid paper when I was particularly bored but scraping it off the buttons was a real bitch. Anyone got a better suggestion for making them look new again?

sladflob

Ready to race!
how much time do you have on your hands keyfob... i mean sladflob?

Hah! Good point. I was particularly bored at my previous job waiting out a redundancy (I cracked and resigned before they gave it to me, the buggers) so I spent an enjoyable 40 minutes or so liquid papering my keyring and scraping the excess off!