GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT: TRD Aurion

sola|2a

vdubinmatownhaus

241kW and 400Nm via the front wheels ... can anyone spell t-o-r-q-u-e s-t-e-e-r?? no LSD btw

starts from AU$57,000, to $62,000.

"TRD doesn't think it is worthwhile trying to tempt Ford and Holden loyalists away from their ingrained beliefs.

"The [Ford and Holden] tribalists will not contemplate another brand as they aspire to own the latest version of the car their fathers drove," Mr Buttner said. "We believe this car will appeal to a more sophisticated buyer."

hmmm... interested to see what the forden crowd has to say about that? lol

link

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
Can't believe they didn't bring it out with AWD - what a joke. They explicitly state that one of their main competitors is the R32 - wow that's a laugh.

Cheers

revdes

Can't believe they didn't bring it out with AWD - what a joke. They explicitly state that one of their main competitors is the R32 - wow that's a laugh.
But it's a Toyota, which means it won't ever break... EVER!

I really despise this car. I think mainly because some of our best and brightest were told to fill a market segment with minimal outlay. It was never about making a car that was fun to drive, it's a marketing exercise.

PM_

Ready to race!
400Nm thru the front wheels, no LSD and ~$60k?

Good luck :thumbdown:

And did they say somewhere in the article that people would buy this instead of the R32?! What the?! :iono:

JungaGTi

Premier Wheel Man
It only comes in 6spd Auto...................which isnt even a DSG-type setup..... I have a feeling its gonna find it hard to utilise all that power with all the junk in it's trunk.....

I dunno but it just seems like a try-hard's Camry hahaha

aussiegti

VW pumping thru my veins

Cheers

Isn't this also the model that doesn't come with traction control? :iono:

Not even as an option?

Read it in the papers that the Toyota executives were kicking themselves for the massive oversight!

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Well if VW can design a car with no torque steer I would imagine Toyota could....The lack of no LSD may even help prevent the torque steer.

Don't judge before you drive, 6speed auto is a joke though :frown: TRD should move in a straight line though it's got great power!

It's got a lot going for it, got the looks, got the power, but does it have the handling and driver involvement.....time will tell.

Well, just read the review, torque steer it is...

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
i like that article which says something along the line that the enthusiasts who are supposed to buy the car will love the high amounts of wheel spin and wont mind the torque steer and the fact they have set up the chassis to have alot of lift off over steer. oh and the fact you can turn esp off.. wow what a track weapon. it would understeer into the tyre wall on turn one from the start line! :laugh:
enthusiasts know more about cars than the average joe.. so they wont even think about touching this pile.

mister_duck

In search of Sunrise
Car(s)
07 VW Golf TDi
What sort of Nm is a stock 2.0 TDI pumping out?

EDIT: Dang, I thought it was 380Nm, but it's a piddly 320Nm. :thumbsup:

Yeah it's about 320nm, which is pretty good I thought.
A tdi with a reflash puts out about 400mn. You can notice a bit of torque steer.

ebayhtl

Ready to race!
I think its biggest competitor would be something like the 6MPS - i.e. upgraded family cars. The 6MPs is a fair bit cheaper and it's got 4WD (although down on power).

61k for the version with leather! Sheesh...