GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Dubber13

Thinking Dremelling Out A Small Piece of Plastic.... Should I Though?

Ok what got me thinking of doing this was when I had to replace my headlight bulbs. I had to take my headlights completely off of my car to do the job and the only pain in the ass was using an allen wrench and slowly loosening and tightening the bolt, because of the piece of plastic that is...
  2. Dubber13

ECS Dog Bone Insert

Has anyone installed this on their car? It promises noticeable change and is not priced badly at all and the youtube video for installing it doesnt seem too bad either. So I was just wanting some reviews or ideas about it before I think about purchasing it.... Here is the link and it has the...
  3. Dubber13

Full potential of the MKV....

I wanna know what can be done to these cars and what is the mileage limit of these before it needs to begin the whole no going over 60mph and really babying the car? I have 64k on mine and would like to do a few go fast mods to the car (TBE, stage 1/ or 2, intake etc.) and am already at the...
  4. Dubber13

SAT Radio on stock reciever

Has anyone had problems with trying to have the activation signal sent out to their vehicle after activating an account? I had the trial pack when I go the car so in no it works. But when i go to set the receiver on SAT it just says "no sat radio" and goes back to the regular radio.
  5. Dubber13

New Pics!

6. Dubber13

Check Engine Light!

So I just pull into my destination and the car has drove great all the way there... Well right before I park the check engine light flashes on... Now when I turn off the car and turn it back on the engine revs to about 2.5-3k rpms and then idles back down to normal....have any of you guys had...
  7. Dubber13

New Wheels!!!

I Just got my new 18's put on about a week ago and thought I would post up a couple pics and let everyone have a peak! These are my Super Sports (unfortunately they are still installed to the box they came in):frown::
  8. Dubber13

Installing Springs

I have a friend telling me that when I swap my springs there is a nut or part that has to be replaced when I do the install? Is this true?
  9. Dubber13

Desoto Speedway FL

Who is going to the event tonight?
  10. Dubber13

Cam Follower Replacement

Ok I know there are quite a few threads out there on how to do this step by step. I am going to use this one it looks very detailed: http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102858 As far as I can see the replacement looks simple enough. I would like to have some of your comments and...
  11. Dubber13

Coolant Questions

I checked my coolant today it was not on the min but, is at the square that begins getting close to the min. I have never had to top off the coolant since I have owned the car and have put about 22k on the car so I think it is safe to say that a little drop in coolant level is in the norm lol...
  12. Dubber13

Lowering Spring Installation Cost!!!

I have been to three different places for quotes to get my H&R Super Sports installed. And I have been quoted 400-450 for the install if they did not have to do any modification! So is this normal pricing? And does anyone know if extra modding is needed to just swap the springs?
  13. Dubber13

PCV?

By using the BSH Catch Can would I still need to get the Revamp as well? And what is the difference between the Race and Competition catch cans?
  14. Dubber13

ECU Flash....

I want to get chipped possibly soon. So I have two things I would like to get out of this thread. 1.) I have 61k on my FSI 2.0T. So would getting my car chipped not be a great thing to do with that kind of mileage? 2.) I would like to see which company has a really good flash? (I know this...
  15. Dubber13

Lip Problem....

The lip on the bottom of my front bumper is sticking out weird and I was wondering how I could fix it?
  16. Dubber13

Which springs?

I have ordered my 18's for my GTi and I also want springs as well. I dont wanna slam my car just bring the fender to the top of the tire. So which is a good spring and will do the job needed?: http://www.bshspeedshop.com/bshstore/products/Ksport-A3%7B47%7DMKV%7B47%7DMKVI-Lowering-Springs-.html...
  17. Dubber13

Lug Bolt Size??

I am about to order new wheels within the hour and need to know which size after market lug bolt I will need. I am not adding spacers
  18. Dubber13

Spring Help!

I am probably going to be ordering my 18x8 wheels today or tommorow and I am wanting to get springs as well. I do not want a slammed look but rather the fender be right at the top of the tire. So where is a reliable place to order the springs and how much pf a drop would do this for me?
  19. Dubber13

Door Jam Garbage.....

This isnt the first time I have had to clean this trash out of my door jam. Its dirt oak leaves and stuff like that and I dont even drive thru stuff like that lol! Have you guys had this problem? It is not an open crevace because the door is shut most of the time.
  20. Dubber13

Turbo Back Exhaust

I am considering doing a TBE on my GTi and I am going to have a custom exhaust built for the car. So my two questions are: 1.) How loud is the TBE? (is it loud inside the car) 2.) What will be needed to do the install? I am going to get a 3" DP, but does the car need an O2 housing or anything...