GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU Flash....

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I want to get chipped possibly soon. So I have two things I would like to get out of this thread.

1.) I have 61k on my FSI 2.0T. So would getting my car chipped not be a great thing to do with that kind of mileage?

2.) I would like to see which company has a really good flash?

(I know this will be a great debate but , I would like some opinions)

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
just make sure to refresh the DV, PCV, and look over your hoses and lines to make sure you don't have any rot or anything that could get pushed over the edge by more boost

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
as for the chip just find whats closest to home unless there's a particular BT kit you have in mind in the future in which case go with that brand. If you're gonna go catless I'd advise staying away from GIAC as they don't do the test pipe file like the others.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
That doest sound too demanding lol

also might be a good time to look into if your brakes need refreshing. I'd highly recomend EBC Yellowstuff pads and just getting the rotors cleaned up

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
and last but not least I just realized you're FSI... REPLACE YOUR CAM FOLLOWER if you haven't already. Chip or no chip you definitely gotta

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
$35 from 1stvwparts.com and 15 minutes of your time if the car is cooled off. Easier to do than an oil change. Its worth keeping an eye on from time to time. I think a lot of the stg 2+ guys with HPFP upgrades do em between every 15-25,000 miles. I've seen em come out of stock cars looking factory fresh at 60k but it is a very common failpoint that could cost you your intake cam and HPFP

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
^ expect it to take closer to an hour if you're careful and doing it yourself for the first time, but it's an easy job even for a n00b. This isn't optional. Stock or modified, the cf might be perfect or it might be toast by 60k miles and could cost you your motor or your cam and fuel pump at least. There's an extended warranty on the cf repair but all bets are off regarding warranty coverage once you are chipped.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
yeah I should mention it took me 15 my first time on a customer car but I'm decent with a wrench and I read the instructions a million times in the days leading up to the job because the car belonged to a friend of a friend who was paying for the work

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
That makes sense, lol. It's taken me about an hour the two times I've done it, but that's because I'm lazy, distractable, overly cautious, and my toolbox is highly disorganized :)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
There's one up on here somewhere. The most important thing is to bleed the system first. Might need a new o-ring seal too.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door