GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolant Questions

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I checked my coolant today it was not on the min but, is at the square that begins getting close to the min.

I have never had to top off the coolant since I have owned the car and have put about 22k on the car so I think it is safe to say that a little drop in coolant level is in the norm lol.

So what type of coolant should I use to top it off?

I know the dealership is the best way to go but, the dealer is about 1-1.5 hours away and with my busy schedule, going to the dealer is not something I have a lot of time to do.:frown:

So is there a coolant at the parts store that I could possibly pick up as a good replacement?:iono:

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Unless you do a complete cooling system flush, make sure you get G12 coolant to top it off, that is what VW uses. If you mix your current G12 with another coolant, it will form a gel and drastically reduce its cooling ability and lead to problems down the road (literally).

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
There is no need to feel rushed to do this right away. I would just wait until you happen to be going by and ask for a bit from the stealership.

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
There is no need to feel rushed to do this right away. I would just wait until you happen to be going by and ask for a bit from the stealership.

Yea that sounds smart to do for now lol.... I like the "stealership" phrase hahaha

at first glance, yes. idk the part number but this car drinks anything and everything pentosin when it comes to not oil and gasoline.

apollosfury

designeddwk
^ that's the one the old service manager got me from my dealership before he left....fo freeee

i'd stick with the one that has the vw/audi logos just for peace of mind.

MJ Century

Don't Read This!
Car(s)
Tornado Red MkV GTI
to top off the coolant you could just use distilled water from your local grocery store.
that little amount of water won't be enough to diminish the performance of the coolant.