GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowering Spring Installation Cost!!!

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I have been to three different places for quotes to get my H&R Super Sports installed. And I have been quoted 400-450 for the install if they did not have to do any modification!

So is this normal pricing?

And does anyone know if extra modding is needed to just swap the springs?

Dronks

Dronkenstein
Car(s)
Jetta
I did my own. The rears are very easy and the fronts come out like any other pinched mcpherson strut. Just get acquainted with your car and do it yourself.

hobbes

Ready to race!
400-450 is stealership high. I called a few places that quoted under $300 with alignment.

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
400-450 is stealership high. I called a few places that quoted under $300 with alignment.

^this. dealer quoted me $460 w/o an alignment last week :eyebulge:. Only reason I even asked is because I am taking it in next Tuesday for the 40k DSG service (on sale for $242 BTW). I was quoted $250 today from my tuner shop of choice if I brought all the goods/hardware. I purchased all the tools for about $140. If the shop was closer I would have considered it, but it's 3 hours round trip. If you are mechanically inclined grab a buddy to help and get to know your car- if not shop around.

kayubassist

なんとなく
Car(s)
Audi A3
if you are ok with paying that much money for spring installation, go to a dealer and before the install have them write something down that it will not void the warranty.
but i doubt they will do that (but my dealer suggested this if I went with DG springs)
so yea, go to a different shop that will do it for around 200-300.
up here, at a highly dependable shop, coilover install is 350 (including 1 alignment) if you pay cash.

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Yea people around here must be stingy lol because as soon as they look at the mechanic book they are like oh wow thats 5 hrs of work thats gonna be a smidge pricey!

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Any of you know any really detailed threads that could help with the install? Or have any friends that live in FL that can do it lolol

hobbes

Ready to race!

Flyguy

Ready to race!
Hey Dubber word of advice. I tried to do the install with a friend and the fronts turned out to be a huge pain in the ass and I still had to go to a shop and have them install the fronts for me. If i were you and you dont have any experience just pay someone to do it right. Where in FL are you? Just google european tuner shop in your area im sure you will find a decent price.