GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing Springs

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I have a friend telling me that when I swap my springs there is a nut or part that has to be replaced when I do the install? Is this true?

langer

i fix teefs
Axle bolts. You should probably also replace the other bolts that you remove, but axle bolts are the only critical ones. I replaced all bolts with new when I did mine, you can find a bolt kit on ecs.

E-man

8====D
Car(s)
07 .:Rabbit
you only need to replace your axle bolts if you take them out

you can install suspension with out pulling your axles

bill6211789

Ready to race!

Its a pain in the ass when pulling the axle bolt i cant imagine doing it without pulling them.

bill6211789

Ready to race!

hobbes

Ready to race!
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=273002

It's on a JSW but the suspension is the same as a MkV. It has all the part numbers for the screws you should replace. Basically any bolt or nut that has a torque spec with an extra turn is one time use.

E-man

8====D
Car(s)
07 .:Rabbit
Its a pain in the ass when pulling the axle bolt i cant imagine doing it without pulling them.

its easy just gotta use a spring compressor.

thats how i have done any suspensions job i have ever done.

bill6211789

Ready to race!
its easy just gotta use a spring compressor.

thats how i have done any suspensions job i have ever done.

I tried tht the spring compressor i had didn't fit well at all the threaded arms were too lone to compress the spring, 10$ for the bolts to make the job easier i feel is the best route. It took me 2 hrs total to change my front suspension using hand tools (no air) and no help.... with those 2 luxuries it could be n 1-1.5 hr job easily. IMO pull the bolts n just replace them life will be easier

Sent from my EVO

Last edited:

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth

Hard, but doable.

apollosfury

designeddwk
i've done a handful of mkv suspensions and never removed the axle bolts. i have a new set laying around my house somewhere that i never used.

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
i've done a handful of mkv suspensions and never removed the axle bolts. i have a new set laying around my house somewhere that i never used.

So I wasted like 25 bucks? Lol this sux! I still have not had a chance to do the install so i ordered the bolts and now I may not need them lol... This is nice to know lmao

bill6211789

Ready to race!
So I wasted like 25 bucks? Lol this sux! I still have not had a chance to do the install so i ordered the bolts and now I may not need them lol... This is nice to know lmao

The axle bolts should've only been like 10$ for the pair. But pull. The axle bolts it will make the job easier. I tried the spring compressor in. The wheel well and i didnt find it easy. Plus ive seen many other posts saying its doable with out pulling the axle bolts its just harder

Sent from my EVO

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
The axle bolts should've only been like 10$ for the pair. But pull. The axle bolts it will make the job easier. I tried the spring compressor in. The wheel well and i didnt find it easy. Plus ive seen many other posts saying its doable with out pulling the axle bolts its just harder

Sent from my EVO

Is a spring compressor needed for the install?

Actually what tools are needed for the entire install?