GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full potential of the MKV....

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I wanna know what can be done to these cars and what is the mileage limit of these before it needs to begin the whole no going over 60mph and really babying the car?

I have 64k on mine and would like to do a few go fast mods to the car (TBE, stage 1/ or 2, intake etc.) and am already at the point where I shouldnt worry about that stuff because the 100k limit is coming up? Or do these cars have potential past the 100k mark?

There are a few people with Jetta MKIVs and have BT at 180k same as a friend of mine that has an SRT he just put on a BT and is at the 180k mark.

So is the potential the MKV has as well?

I have an 07 FSI just to sum up the divide between people with a TSI MKV.

StayStetti

Banned
If you keep up to date with maintenance and don't do anything completely outlandish, you should get well past 100k. No need really to baby the car, it's not an 89 civic.

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
True....my big concern is the fact that I wanna get chipped and I was just thinking of going stage 1. But since im going TBE and having a bigger DP, Ive read that you should instead go stage 2 to get the most out your exhaust mod. But will stage 2 be bad for car climbing up to 70k miles?

PCDT99

Banned
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
Like some one said above, if you have kept up on all your maintenance both the FSI and TSI engines are pretty solid. (of course FSI has DV,PCV,Cam follower, HPFP issues when modding) But these are all easy fixes. I wouldnt be worried about going stage 2 as long as you keep up on maintenance.

plaze

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 GTI, 05 STi
if you get a full tbe that has a 3inch downpipe then you will be stage 2 for most tunes. definetly the big tunes like APR REVO and Unitronic. if you dont get any work done and stay stock you can still go stage 1 for most companies.

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Yea thats what I have been reading and was wondering if I would be better off going stage 2. Just my biggest concern was if harm would come to the car with the mileage I have lol?

But I am thinking of going Revo!

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
it's not going to harm anything, stop overthinking it and mod it. it's not a priceless ferrari, it's a mkv gti.. drive the wheels off it, it'll be fine

xXANCHORMONXx

Banned
Car(s)
2003 EVO GSR
At 100k our motor blows, not 100001 not 99999 but exactly 100000. I'd suggest to to wear earplugs..

This is hilarious. If proper maintenance has been done then don't trip.

If I bought a used fsi Gti would I be scared to mod it? Fuck yeah especially if records aren't shown.

I like the fsi motor but I feel you need to be more hands on with it