GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

K04 vs. 335i?

Need a little advice here guys, A guy at work that I always have friendly car rivalry with is stepping up to a stock 2013 335i How well would a K04 FSI hold up against one of these? :thumbsup:
  2. C

Changed the cabin air filter, car won't start now

Like the title says, car was sitting for about 3 days, started up fine. Drove it across the driveway, shut it off, changed the cabin air filter in a few mins and everything went ok. Tried to start the car and all that happens is a single click noise, and the lights slightly dim as there is...
  3. C

Boost Issues with VAG Logs Graphed

I have an 2008 GTI, APR Stage1 with a drop in filter - owned since new so I know there's nothing wacky that's been done by prior owners I have been having some crazy boost issues lately, unable to spool past 3-5psi, then if you tap the throttle a few times the boost comes back or spikes like...
  4. C

Is my DV sticking?

2008 GTI with APR Stage 1 FSI My OEM DV finally blew up the other day giving me 0 boost but no CEL. I purchased the Rev D DV off ECS, the after market OEM unit (perhaps a bad idea). After installing I have an issue which usually happens while the car is cold, or warming up. The car will not...
  5. C

Cam follower with 78 000 miles, problem?

I think this problem is over exaggerated. This is 78 000 miles and never changed, all kinds of different oils were used over the life of the car from OEM to whatever Mr Lube put in, to Mobil 1 0w 40w now. Car is APR Stage 1 - 2008
  6. C

Camber plates with the least stack height

Between Ground Control / H2Sport / and H&R which plates have the least stack height? IE which will let the front sit the lowest or are they all the same as stock?
  7. C

For those on Koni Coils: What are you set at ?

Koni's all the way down with half of the rear perch out.
  8. C

Linear Rates for Koni Coilovers

Converting my Koni Coilovers to 60mm Hyperco springs and was curious if anyone with experience in the MKV chassis had some insite into good rates with a 200-300 tread wear tire for sprinted street driving / very rare track day. Right now I am thinking 350 or 325 front and 250 or 225 rear...
  9. C

APR Stage 1 Flat Spot

2008 FSI - Running 94 Oct on the 93 map - stock except for a chip engine wise. Have a flat spot around 4700-5300 (varrying) in higher gears, mainly 5th, sometimes 4th. Does not feel like a fuel cut, almost like power has been reduced by about 20whp for half a second, then continues. RPM...
  10. C

Headlights dip down to the ground on hard right turns

Running Koni's all the way down and on very hard right turns when the suspension is fully loaded my headlights move themselves to the ground (onramp ripping), Any suggestions on how to fix this? Did I not put my headlight levelers on properly or can I re-align them for the low height?
  11. C

Anyone had this happen before?

Popped the hood today to check the oil level and noticed the oil cap had broken off...weird issue? Checked it about 500km ago and everything was intact. Any suggestions on how to get it off?
  12. C

08 GTI vs. Evo X

Heres my cool story bros. 08 GTI with APR Stage 1 93 octane, engine wise everything else is stock. 08 Evo X GSR with a Cobb Accessport running the stock boost map, everything else stock. Brake boosted 25mph roll: Put a 1.5-2 car jump on the Evo after the three honks, he slowly reeled me...
  13. C

Can't figure out Koni coilover front damping adjustment

Hey guys, In the process of installing some new Koni coilovers in my GTI and have hit a massive stall when we tried to adjust the damping. The rears were no problem, we compressed the shock and felt the adjuster click into place, and turned it to 1/4 turn from full stiff. The front however...
  14. C

Is the polish mechanic feeding me some bologna?

The background: The other day while merging onto the highway in my stock 2008 (FSI) GTI a charge pipe blew off. I found this odd on a stock car but correlated it with the fact that the timing belt was recently done and perhaps the shop put stress on the pipe causing the connection to become...
  15. C

FS: MFD2 Navi DVD

I have a Volkswagen MFD2 Navi DVD for sale, it is version 2B. Comes in the original VW case with the included information cards for the OEM touch. $30 + shipping, I am located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. :thumbsup:
  16. C

Brighter high-beam/ftp solution - Osram rally 65w h7 install

Anyone who is interested in this will need to do the flash to pass with highbeam vag-com coding. I highly recommended it as it makes the high-beams seriously good. After having the flash to pass enabled for a few months I wanted a solution for even brighter highbeams :drool: living out in the...
  17. C

WTB: silver button MFD2

Hey guys, Looking for a silver button (DVD) mfd2 navi system. PM me if you have one for sale! :thumbsup: