GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

08 GTI vs. Evo X

Cumulonimbus

Ready to race!
Heres my cool story bros.

08 GTI with APR Stage 1 93 octane, engine wise everything else is stock.

08 Evo X GSR with a Cobb Accessport running the stock boost map, everything else stock.

Brake boosted 25mph roll:

Put a 1.5-2 car jump on the Evo after the three honks, he slowly reeled me back in and by 100-105ish mph had put a fender on me.

Off the line:
Evo got a really bad launch, had him by 1.5 cars from the dig and held him off until again around 100ish mph he got back up to my door but did not reel me in fast at all or get in-front of me.

Cliffs: was expecting to get destroyed, was surprised the GTI held up as well as it did.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

mtlss

Ready to race!
bros story cool. what do you guys think about stage 1 v ralliart X?

you will beat a ralliart stock vs stock !!! im ashamed to say they are related to the evo, the wrx is a much better buy than the ralliart

wolfpack_1.8T

Banned

arjohe

Ready to race!
It's not a surprise to me at least. Evo in stock has 280 bhp and stage 1 has 252. In addition DSG gives advantage so it's very reliable info that only on higher speeds (100mph) evo will pass, but not very fast I'd suppose...

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Cool story. My friends evo 9 with cobb destroys my Gti. He also has alot of other upgrades but think even stock he would take me at stage 1.
sounds like you were better driver. JMO. Anyways good kill.

Cumulonimbus

Ready to race!
didn't know you could brake boost MKV's...i though that once you hit the brake it cut all throttle inputs...

My friends 06 cuts input right away when they are both applied.

However my 08 I can brake boost for about 3-4 seconds and then it will cut throttle input violently, very annoying but long enough to work.