GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For those on Koni Coils: What are you set at ?

HemiAlex

Ready to race!
I'm looking at Koni's to replace my JIC Cross.

I'm going to run 17x8 ET45 BBS LM's with 225/45-17.

I'm already expecting to run Perches in and wound all the way low or just leave them out.

I want to get to about 24 FTG. Where should I set them?

nbn

morning
I have the fronts all the way down, rears have 1/2 perch out. I wish the front could go maybe 1/4" lower. 18x8 et38 front, et35 rear. 215/40/18. Pretty much a perfect drop for daily imo, although i wouldn't complain if i could bring it down just a tad more.

HemiAlex

Ready to race!
Do you have a picture ?

How do you think the 225/45 will fit? I really want to keep it comfy but not tear up my fenders.

I'm on my 3rd set. I'm not ready for another.

HemiAlex

Ready to race!
Dont the jic cross coils go lower than konis

In theory, yes. In real life, no.

They've got a stupidly placed knob on the bottom of the shock body. Right now I'm probably at 25" all around and that knob is about .125 from my CV boot. I could be B&G low on these if the parts didn't interfere.

I like the height I'm at now, but the camber plates are getting old and creating way too many creaks in the car.

HemiAlex

Ready to race!
Where it sits now. Not low, but really easy to drive with amazing handling.

Cumulonimbus

Ready to race!
I have the fronts all the way down, rears have 1/2 perch out. I wish the front could go maybe 1/4" lower. 18x8 et38 front, et35 rear. 215/40/18. Pretty much a perfect drop for daily imo, although i wouldn't complain if i could bring it down just a tad more.

Same as this for me.

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
I don't think 225/45 is going to work with koni all the way down, I would just play with it and make sure to set them at the correct height to save your fenders.