GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is my DV sticking?

Cumulonimbus

Ready to race!
2008 GTI with APR Stage 1 FSI

My OEM DV finally blew up the other day giving me 0 boost but no CEL.

I purchased the Rev D DV off ECS, the after market OEM unit (perhaps a bad idea).

After installing I have an issue which usually happens while the car is cold, or warming up.

The car will not go past about 2-3psi when the car is first run after it has cooled down (but is back up to operating temp). This lasts untill the throttle is tapped a few times (boost to vac), or you hold your foot down through the boost resistance, and it will slowly climb to 10ish psi. At that time if you lift off then give WOT again, you get full boost - or a massive spike to around 28psi once, and after that all is normal. The normal boost usually lasts the remainder of the drive until the car cools down.

Is the DV defective, or do I have a problem elsewhere?

I am spiking 22ish psi and holding around 17 psi, tapering to around 11 at redline.

09Gitty

Ready to race!
I'm betting on a leak. I recently installed the Rev D for peace of mind and have no such issues. Maybe you cross-threaded something and it isn't actually tight against the turbo.

Also dumb question, but did you plug the dv back in after installing to the point where it clips in and can't be easily removed via pulling on the plug?

Cumulonimbus

Ready to race!
Yes I did, and its flat, no cross threading.

I feel the valve is defective even though it is new, and since it wasn't an OEM piece the quality of the part is questionable.

VWTiger

I am the Stig
I just ordered the rev D DV minutes ago. I hope I do not have the same problems

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yes I did, and its flat, no cross threading.

I feel the valve is defective even though it is new, and since it wasn't an OEM piece the quality of the part is questionable.

The revision D valve is an OEM volkswagen part.

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
after you install the new DV you need to check the screws again after a few miles of driving. Just from the expansion of heating up and cooling down, the screws can sometimes back out a couple threads. Did you use any loctite? I've experienced the top screw backing out on me a couple times until i used blue loctite and that fixed some of my issues.