GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Style Tinted Tails by Darcness

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Good stuff.

Hey dude, glad to see you here still. I know I'm not always perfect, but I try to put a good product/service out there.

I think what people don't understand is how difficult it actually is to do these tails the way I do. It's common place for me to have to sand them completely down and start over after doing the ENTIRE process only because of a blemish or two that I can't fix. Hence a set can some times take me a couple weeks to get to where I consider them satisfactory.

Anyway, I have screwed up a couple times and ended up taking WAY too long to do the tails and not being good with communication. I will take the fault for that. Sometimes life just gets in the way of the side jobs. No excuses, just saying.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Just bumping this back up. I realize I've had a few problems lately but they are fixed I can assure everyone. No matter what happens in the end I will always make it right for the people who have supported me and paid their hard earned money for my tails.

Anyway, still doing these. I've slowed down a bit to give myself a chance to work on other projects, but if you're interested you can always shoot me a message.

You rock! :thumbsup:

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Thanks bud, good seeing you again. I've got some new plans for the car this summer so I'm excited to be back around!

This is just an idea of what's going to happen. Not an MKV but similar look that I'm going for. I pick up the full set of steelies this weekend. Already started on some paint work I needed to touch up as well. Adding some Votex skirts and putting the air ride back on. Can't wait!! :thumbsup:

Rus.K

PCDT99
BTW Ron, I was looking at your other thread and you will need at the very least 40mm spacers with the steelies being only 6.5" wide. Have you thought about getting them widened? Will make them look better from the rear (not so bicycle tire looking) and will make spacers a bit cheaper for you.

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Well considering I'm getting the full set with tires for $100 I don't really want to put any more money into them. I don't expect to get anything crazy out of them, just want a little more flush or a look.

I'll likely do 25mm spacers in the back and either 15mm or 20mm in the front. With a little camber in the back they should do just fine. Plus that way I will get more even tire wear as well.

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Thinking of starting these up again this spring. Just gauging interest right now. If you're interested shoot me a PM. I can't really do much on these in the winter because the cold makes it too hard to paint properly. Also I got burnt out pretty bad on doing them, but I want to try to do them again casually so I don't get behind (which I've done before) and don't get too sick of doing them. Being a one man operation with this is really tough some times.

Also if I lost touch with you in the past about these please get in touch. I've already PMed a few people back who I either owe a set of tails or am willing to work with to make things right. I know I kind of left in a hurry and that's not the way I want to be.

I went through some tough times this summer. Car got repo'd at one point and so I pretty much left the scene and focused on my financial situation in order to get it back (cost me a butt ton). Hopefully I learned my lesson once and for all this time.