GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Style Tinted Tails by Darcness

dsn112@comcast.net

Ready to race!
I did a tail swap with Darcness and boy am I impressed. They are flawless and look identical to Euro R32 tails. For $60 can't beat it.

Great work, Good guy!

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Glad you like them man. They really do look great on a UG.

I have to admit, I'm impressed myself. They came out fantastic, and I got the tint matched up damn near perfect. :happyanim:

UPDATED FOR EASY TO FIND INFO!!!

*** PRICES AND PROCESS ***

UPDATED 10.22.10

R32/Blacked Out Classic Tails

This is my classic tail light that started it all. You'll get an R32 or blacked out tail with the shade of your choice. It'll be tinted, clear coated, and let dry for ample time before getting shipped. Finish will be quality, but obviously not as good as the premium finish. This will NOT include the buff and polish. Cost for this will be $70 + $50 deposit for a total cost of $120. Turn around time is about 2-3 days AFTER I get the set of OEM tails in.

R32/Blacked Out Premium Tails

This includes what you see above, with the tint, clear coat, and dry time. However added into this you also get the premium finish. This means buff/polish and a wax to seal it up. The finish on these will literally be like glass. Cost for this will be $100 + $50 deposit. The extra $ includes extra material fees and the fact that I spend a good 2-3 hours on the premium finish. Turn around time will be a bit longer, likely around 4-5 days after I get the OEM tails.

Amber Signals

Amber signals can be purchased on their own, or as an upgrade with the above tinted tails. When purchased on their own, I will do the work, send the bulb holders to you, and then you send your OEM holders back to me. As with the tails I have OEM's in stock and can ship first. Price is $50.

Return Shipping

You can purchase prepaid return shipping on your order if you would like to. Cost for this is $10 and I send a prepaid, printed barcode in the box that you can apply to once you pack your OEM tails and then drop off at any FedEx Ground location or drop point.

Package Deals

Basic R32 + Amber Signals
If you purchase the basic R32 tails and the amber signals, you save $5 off your purchase. Total price will be $70 for the tint + $45 for the amber signals you get both for $115 or $165 with deposit.

Premium R32 + Amber Signals
If you purchase the premium R32 tails and the amber signals you get the same $10 off the ambers, so your total price will be $100 + $40 so a total of $140, or $190 with deposit.

Policy Change

I've decided that to protect myself from getting beat up OEM tails back in return for my tinted tails, that I must instate this policy. If you have ANY problems with your OEM tails I need to be aware of these BEFORE you send them to me. That means deep scratches, existing tint, any glue/tape/etc marks. Basically I only send quality tails, so I expect the same in return. I've gotten a few sets that had some kind of glue on them, and also some sets with spider cracks in the lenses. If I get a set of tails that are damaged in any way, I'll be subtracting the cost to fix it from the deposit. Just so we're on the same page, small scratches, scuffs, or minor things don't matter. I just need to know about anything that could possibly create a problem for the next buyer.

The "List"

Do be aware that I have lots of PM's and inquiries about these tails. Due to the high volume of interested parties and the fact that I am one guy doing this in his spare time, I've started a list that I update regularly. If you want a set, let me know you want on the list and I'll give you my best estimation of the time frame I'll have a set ready for you. Sometimes it can be as quick as a week, other times it can take a while. I have to do the list to keep things in check and keep the potential customers in some kind of reasonable order.

/End Updates

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. As usual, I will be shipping first. You pay the deposit of $50 for insurance that I get your OEM tails back. Once I receive your OEM tails back, the $50 will be refunded. Same thing with amber signals, I can ship first and don't require a deposit on those.

I also just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who's purchased already. It's been a great thing that I've been able to do so many sets now and keep everyone happy. Let's keep the good things going. :thumbsup:

*** CODING FOR AMBER SIGNALS ***

Go into Module 09 (Central Electronics) and take a look at your long coding.
It might look something like this:
14 01 8E 23 40 04 15 00 00 14 00 00 00 14 00 00 00 28 77 0B 5C

We care about the segment that looks like this 14 00 00 00 14
Change the second 14 to 00 so it looks like this: 14 00 00 00 00

Basically change byte 14 from 14 to 00.

Last edited:

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
He swapped with another user for his red ones, plus 60 on top?

Looks good dude!

Correct. I had these done up for another person but they backed out. Dsn sent payment right away and has been a pleasure to work with. His OEM tails are on the way back to me as I type.

dsn112@comcast.net

Ready to race!
Really easy process:
1. You work out a deal with Darcness
2. He ships you r32 tinted tails
3. You send your tails to Darcness

I think I paid him Monday, and my originals are already on the way back so he can make another set.

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Working at FedEx helps too.

I shipped the tails out on Tuesday and they were delivered on Thursday. It's nice being able to print the labels with my online account at work, slap it on the box, and put it on the belt so it's ready to go.

dsn112@comcast.net

Ready to race!
Thanks!

Again, give Darcness the credit, He can make them for you too, pm him and get going.

For the amount of work and skill it takes, you can't beat his price. I was gonna do it myself, but after buying the tint and clear and sandpaper, I would have easily spent $40, and it wouldn't have come out so good!

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
I know this thread is not about it, but have you worked a way to make the 4 circles mod using LEDs?

also, excelent work on the r32 tails.. I did mine, but they came out so-so

Haven't really gotten around to the implementation of the LED's yet. I have the LED's, the wiring, and a basic idea. Just need to get busy making it all work. Plus I don't have a working set of OEM tails for my own GTI right now. :lol: