Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
^ and you will. :thumbsup:

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Responded to PM's and what not. Like Jerz said, I'm planning a wedding right now and still working full time. Not much time to do anything these days it seems.

Feeling much better mental health wise though. I get my PM's now via my BB so I can keep tabs on what's going on, and also check in regularly on the forum.

For now I'm postponing new orders until I can get these current ones filled and then get my OEM stock back up to snuff. Until then, I won't be doing any new sets and won't take payment for anything. Need to take care of my loyal customers first, then get my time back in order, and then I'll decide if I want to keep doing this or take a break for a while.

Thanks so much to EVERYONE who's helped me get this far!!

pinoygti

boss balita??
Car(s)
2008 Bmp Gti Fsi
Sounds good , good luck on wedding planning. I Remember when I did mine is was painful but in the end is worth everything

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
PM's sent, sorry it's been so long since I've been on guys.

Wedding is now done and my financial situation has MUCH improved. Should be able to tie up any loose ends now. Sorry if I've been away for extended periods of time, but I just tried to take on too much by myself. Once I get these loose ends tied up and everyone is happy, I will probably start doing tails again. I'll just be sure not to take on too much at once. Between tail lights, my mental health issues, and the wedding, it was too much on one mans plate.

CW_Conn

Herrrooohhhh
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Darcness still has it! :clap:

Tails look great and the amber turn is a subtle but very cool mod.

Ron is an awesome guy to deal with and does phenomenal work. Quick shipping and prepaid return label, bad ass. Highly recommended!

The vagcom for the amber signals took 2 seconds. In case anyone is looking for it....

Pretty Simple:

Go into Module 09 (Central Electronics) and take a look at your long coding.
It might look something like this:
14 01 8E 23 40 04 15 00 00 14 00 00 00 14 00 00 00 28 77 0B 5C

We care about the segment that looks like this 14 00 00 00 14
Change the second 14 to 00 so it looks like this: 14 00 00 00 00

Basically change byte 14 from 14 to 00.

So yeah, buy a set off him. Neow. :w00t:

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Awesome man, thanks so much for the review and kind words. Greatly appreciate it.

I love the look of the ambers myself, especially on a CW. Then again I'm partial to CW. :thumbsup:

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
Here's my review on Darcness' tinted tails. First off I must say he takes much pride into his work and it shows in his transparent communication, packaging and just making it really simple. It's a no brainer if you don't go with Darcness with these tinted tails and probably the best 100$ I've spent moding my car. The total install probably took me about an hour, I've done tails before so maybe it was just a refresher for myself but for someone who might not have done it before probably an hour 30 more / less. I'll post up some pictures of before / after and comparison. Being parked in the shade doesn't do much justice but once outside under the sun it looks great.

Before:

After:

Comparison:

Last edited:

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Love it man! Looks fucking killer. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words and the glowing review, it's always greatly appreciated. I really do try to put out the best quality product I possibly can each and every time. Some times I even end up sanding them completely down and starting over if I don't like the way they turned out. I just want to put out a good option and a good product for my fellow MKV folks. Plus I really do enjoy making these tail lights.

charlesandrews

I just received my lights last night. These are on point. As everyone has said before there is a massive attention to detail and it shows in the craftsmanship and in the packaging. This is ridiculously painless process and is one of the easiest "mods" you could do. Awesome job Ron, thanks again.

Here is a picture for comparison too. This is just a lighter tint too.

Again, thanks Ron.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1346434286418.jpg
    1346434286418.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 286

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
PM replied to MkVme. Tails are looking on point Carlos. :thumbup:

Love to see my tinted tails on a CW. Just reminds me how much I actually need to keep a set on my own car! :mad0259:

MkVme

Ready to race!
Ron is the man. I was iffy at first about these. Thinking they wouldn't be just right. Well they look absolutely amazing.

I recommend his service 100%. The packaging was even incredible. Never had something packaged with such care.

And here's the pics. It stormed today so the sky was a little dark. But the pics still came out ok

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348010976.836128.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348010976.836128.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 553
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348010997.727972.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348010997.727972.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 545
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348011008.959546.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348011008.959546.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 549
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348011023.084162.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348011023.084162.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Sounds awesome dude. Thanks for the kind words and glowing review, as always it's greatly appreciated! :happyanim:

I'm still in the game, just getting these orders out as fast as I can. I actually haven't been able to hold on to a tinted set more than a couple days. Good stuff, just lots of work! :biggrin: