GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Fueling Setups / Solutions

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Wrapping up my fuel setup currently, granted i'm TSI so we're a bit different on the engine side, but I'm running a CM5 & PM3 combo, integrated engineering surge tank, Bosch 044 pump, nylon OEM style quick connect lines, LNF injectors, 1000cc 5th injector, and an AN line conversion up front. I'll report back once i'm fully tuned, but 500ish WHP should be doable with this setup pretty easily.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Wrapping up my fuel setup currently, granted i'm TSI so we're a bit different on the engine side, but I'm running a CM5 & PM3 combo, integrated engineering surge tank, Bosch 044 pump, nylon OEM style quick connect lines, LNF injectors, 1000cc 5th injector, and an AN line conversion up front. I'll report back once i'm fully tuned, but 500ish WHP should be doable with this setup pretty easily.

Pics ?? [emoji41][emoji106]?

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco

Pics and links for the 1000cc injectors :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I've been looking into getting rid of the DI system for a full port injection conversion. Reason is that DI cannot support the power levels i'm going for and I would like to simplify my fueling setup. I would have to convert to a standalone management system and made a list of things I might have to consider. Anyone have any input?

TFSI DI to port injection conversion:

Parts Needed:

Manifold mounted injector rail and injectors (may need staggered set, 2200cc required at 90% DC to meet target HP goal)
Standalone ECU
HPFP blockoff plate
Non-PWM style LPFP system (unless using aftermarket PMW controller such as aeromotive)
External regulator and lpfp filter if running fuel with alcohol content (methanol, ethanol, etc)
Possibly: Cluster, aftermarket prop valve for brake bias control

Special Considerations:

How can standalone ECU communicate on existing CAN network? If baud rate matches and it will run on K-line is it just a matter of programming the ECU? Can it be integrated with other network devices like the cluster, steering column, lighting, ABS, airbags, other BCM’s and TCU for DSG vehicles?

- Will current steering rack become unassisted without CAN input? Can test by unplugging CAN wires to rack and observing.
- How will aftermarket clusters be integrated with the non-factory ECU?
- How can ABS/TC be maintained? Only with high end ECU’s like Motec?

Parts that can be removed:

RS4 DI injectors (replace with stock or plug)
APR HPFP
RS4 FRV
AN pump adapter lines

Removing the DI system will remove:

LPFP PWM controller
DI injectors (if plugging head)
DI rail, rail pressure sensor, return valve, assoc. lines
HPFP, feed lines, pressure sensor on pump, pump control solenoid
Cam follower
Total of 8 wires ( 3 at each pressure sensor, 2 at HPFP solenoid)

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Would it be possible to keep DI and run more aux injectors (or larger) to meet fuel requirement? Possible set up separate fueling entirely for aux injectors? Meaning separate tank, fuel pump, the whole works?

k04 and stuff.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Would it be possible to keep DI and run more aux injectors (or larger) to meet fuel requirement? Possible set up separate fueling entirely for aux injectors? Meaning separate tank, fuel pump, the whole works?

k04 and stuff.

Thats what I have set up already. Its alot to manage - going to port alone would simplify things greatly

Juggern@ut

Yezus Krys
Car(s)
GTi MKV
I think you can replace the RS4 or S3 injectors by bigger one, for example the 1000cc or similar and use the USP auxiliary LPFP and controller and that's it.

This supposed to be a simple setup it works like that.
What do you think guys?

-------
Philosophy Of Eagles: Eagles flies only with eagles!

Looking for guidance on this because that's exactly what I am looking to run. Already have the RS4 injectors and USP LPFP but I need a controller. Weighing the options.

Sent from an Abacus

Waffle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
I think you can replace the RS4 or S3 injectors by bigger one, for example the 1000cc or similar and use the USP auxiliary LPFP and controller and that's it.

This supposed to be a simple setup it works like that.
What do you think guys?

There are no bigger injectors. That's why we need a auxiliary.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Would it be possible to simplify it and make a separate system? For just aux injection?

k04 and stuff.

Right now that's what it is. Both DI and aux pull from a surge tank but each have their own pump/regulator. Right now the aux system consists of the pump, regulator, lines, separate controller, rail and injectors. It's a divorced system but a secondary one. I'd like to just have one line and pump to the engine with no PWM controllers, dual pumps, different regulators etc

Juggern@ut

Yezus Krys
Car(s)
GTi MKV
There's an MKV featured in Performance VW magazine October 2015 running 8 injectors. 4 RS4s 4 1000cc with over 600hp. Too lazy to go to the car to get more details right now but I was impressed.

Sent from an Abacus