GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Fueling Setups / Solutions

MKVDC10562

meow
Car(s)
2012 Golf R
Are you getting that price from your dealership? I hear you man, work is pretty slow out here in Texas. Reason I ask if you're getting that price from your dealer is because I can get some close to employee pricing as a perk at working at a dealership.

vagike

There isn't someone who is an ECU Wizard, that reprogram the ecu to run on a port fuel setup??

I've been looking into getting rid of the DI system for a full port injection conversion. Reason is that DI cannot support the power levels i'm going for and I would like to simplify my fueling setup. I would have to convert to a standalone management system and made a list of things I might have to consider. Anyone have any input?

TFSI DI to port injection conversion:

Parts Needed:

Manifold mounted injector rail and injectors (may need staggered set, 2200cc required at 90% DC to meet target HP goal)
Standalone ECU
HPFP blockoff plate
Non-PWM style LPFP system (unless using aftermarket PMW controller such as aeromotive)
External regulator and lpfp filter if running fuel with alcohol content (methanol, ethanol, etc)
Possibly: Cluster, aftermarket prop valve for brake bias control

Special Considerations:

How can standalone ECU communicate on existing CAN network? If baud rate matches and it will run on K-line is it just a matter of programming the ECU? Can it be integrated with other network devices like the cluster, steering column, lighting, ABS, airbags, other BCM’s and TCU for DSG vehicles?

- Will current steering rack become unassisted without CAN input? Can test by unplugging CAN wires to rack and observing.
- How will aftermarket clusters be integrated with the non-factory ECU?
- How can ABS/TC be maintained? Only with high end ECU’s like Motec?

Parts that can be removed:

RS4 DI injectors (replace with stock or plug)
APR HPFP
RS4 FRV
AN pump adapter lines

Removing the DI system will remove:

LPFP PWM controller
DI injectors (if plugging head)
DI rail, rail pressure sensor, return valve, assoc. lines
HPFP, feed lines, pressure sensor on pump, pump control solenoid
Cam follower
Total of 8 wires ( 3 at each pressure sensor, 2 at HPFP solenoid)

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Hi Guys,
I found this injectors on tij-power

354167_0.jpg

http://www.tij-power.com/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=354167

It is supports 700+hp with the stock ECU, I didn't try it but I am thinking of it.
I guess if it works fine then it will solve a lot of the FSI fueling limitation without second fueling system.

the only thing is they are very expensive but it worth if it works!!

what do you think?!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, just joined here from over on golfmk6. I'm pretty involved in the big turbo thread over there (same user name).

Figured I'd post this in here as well in case anyone is looking to buy a DW65V in tank pump. I have one, brand new in box, never opened, $175 shipped plus fees. For $200 I'll throw in an extra FSI basket that works with it.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Hi Guys,

I found this injectors on tij-power

View attachment 96302

http://www.tij-power.com/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=354167

It is supports 700+hp with the stock ECU, I didn't try it but I am thinking of it.

I guess if it works fine then it will solve a lot of the FSI fueling limitation without second fueling system.

the only thing is they are very expensive but it worth if it works!!

what do you think?!

I'll let you be the Guinea pig for this one lol

"""Please notice, that the cylinder head needs machining.""""

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I also see a need for a LPFP solution and a buddy of mine and I have been working on fitting 2 fuel pumps in the stock basket and are just finishing up the prototype this week. On 420 WHP we held 6.6 bar til redline. Going to be fitting the same pump setup in a mk6 and a mk4 as well to see how it works on those platforms as well. Next month we also plan to make a full e85 compatible one that runs -8 fittings out the stock hat on the mk4. Gonna be a good time!

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
I have a question for those that have installed a DW65v or another pump that uses the stock basket.

Can you feel the port engage with the port on the basket when reassembling?

I did everything per the install guide but I feel something is not sealing. I'm getting fuel starvation at 1/4 tank but it re-primes and runs just fine. Pics 3 & 4 on page 5 of the DW65v install guide.

Last edited:

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
nobody?