GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ErBall's Thunderbunny Build log

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Well I guess this has been a long time coming. I've been trolling here for a few years and chiming in once in a great while. I'll start from the beginning.

I've had a few VW's over the years. Including a mk3 vr6, mk4 24v, mkv Jetta Package 3, and now my MKV Thunderbunny.

Now first things first; I've been good friends with Eurocars for some time now, and about 90% of this has been with him either helping, outright doing things for me, or generally pushing me in the right direction. Huge thanks to him for all his help throughout all this.

Here is the last MKV Jetta:

Here is the day I purchased it.

Shortly after that I threw Driver Gear springs and Koni Sport shocks on along with my crappy wheels:

Threw on a crappy intercooler (Godspeed):

Plastidipped said crappy wheels:

Updated the timing tensioner:

Eurocars and I installed a K04 around this time, I never took any photos of the install. Shortly thereafter we toyed around with the idea of making a passenger side intake. Finally we did it (and by we I mean Eurocars).

Drove it for a while like this, got bored and decided this was a worthy purchase for a cool grand:

Decided more was needed from it, so I ceramic coated some stuff:

and had the turbo rebuilt from this (gt2860):

to this (HTA 2873r):

Threw it all on with a Driver Motorsport tune:

Threw some mounts on to replace some 034 Mounts:

And that is kinda how it sits now. I still need to run logs to update the tune. As it sits now the total mod sheet reads as:

HTA2873R
APR Stage 3 kit
APR 3" downpipe
Autotech 3" catback
Driver Motorsport tune
Eurodyne Boost Manager Plus Meth kit
SPM Engine and trans mount with ECS Subframe insert
FX350 Single mass
Neuspeed FMIC
Driver Gear springs w/ Koni Sport shocks

Going to try to just drive it and enjoy it over spring/summer/fall. This winter rods and meth will most likely happen.

Last edited:
Car(s)
Subaru
Cool man. I don't think I've ever saw your car. Even at wbtb I didn't look at it more than 2secs cause I was just grabbing that plate real fast. But it looks aeesome

Sent from my flip phone

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
A couple of small updates:

Installed a dash shelf:

Recently got my EBC setup:

Installed a Gruven Parts TSI Dipstick:

This is nothing new, but I found this from the APR build, and liked it, so I'm posting it (Forced Performance HTA GT2873r):

Took a random driveway photo:

Lastly I ran a bunch of logs lastnight. Everything is right where it should be for the most part. There will be revisions as it was a baseline tune. I have to give Driver Motorsport some good credit. They provided me a baseline tune that I've been driving on for roughly 3 months without issue. It's pretty clear Bronson knows what he is doing.

Hope to have some dyno runs in the not too distant future.

Last edited:

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
You should run your logs through Virtual Dyno and post results here. I'm curious to see how that setup does

Boosty

Ready to race!
I love your crappy wheels , i need to get me some crappies in gold lol

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Autotech had a sale on their catback, so I decided to pick one up.

Threw it on a for a day, and decided that the stock 2.6" reduction at the end of my downpipe and the start of this new catback wasn't going to cut it.

With the help of eurocars (once again), the recution was chopped the fuck off:

A V-Band was welded on:

We also made a slip-fit to V-band adapter to keep the whole system modular with the APR downpipe.

Overall I'm really happy with the sound the car makes. It's definitely loud, but it has drowned out the clutch and motor mount noise.

Now comes the endless struggle of trying to keep these tips clean.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Mmm, looks good.

Wish there were all these options when I was running my APR Stage 3 Kit.

Would've loved to take that 2871R apart, and give it a proper tune, :drool:

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Ok, back from the dead with some updates:

Picked up a Neuspeed intercooler. Got the MK6 kit, so Eurocars helped me fab up some brackets.

Got rid of the E-Boost and picked up a Eurodyne Boost Manager plus kit.

Setup my meth tank in the trunk,

Bought an "INA" meth spacer. Turns out to actually be an AKS Tuning meth spacer.