GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 220volt

Need advice on out of state car purchase (from a dealer)

Well as it turned out they called me today and said that car has been sold already. Ohh well. At least I've learned few things.
  2. 220volt

I just spoke to my DMV and they said if the dealer cuts me a check it will be more complicated for me because I would have to go downtown, register the car, deal with license, title and inspection. They said it is better if the dealer did all of that. But they said to get all in writing prior of...
  3. 220volt

So I found a car that I like but it is in TN and I live in KY. So it will be out of state purchase. We agreed on out to door price. I told the dealer that I cannot pay more that what is agreed. They agreed. Now, dealer agreed to pay KY sales tax for me, because if I have to do it, that will...
  4. 220volt

Ebola

You know what's good about Ebola in Texas? Less Texans. Note: Stole it from George Carlin :)
  5. 220volt

New C63 AMG... 200 # lighter than a Mustang GT

I just wish they haven't stole GTI's steering wheel.
  6. 220volt

4th Gen Miata/MX-5

GTI is no slouch in corners :D
  7. 220volt

4th Gen Miata/MX-5

My problem with MX5 and BRZ was the lack of usable torque. And it is not easy to get more power and torque without adding turbo. I really had to rev it up all the time to get into the fun zone. Some people like that, and I do too sometimes, but can't have it as my daily. GTI fulfilled everything...
  8. 220volt

MK7 GTI Lighting Lap time

True, but less fun :)
  9. 220volt

It's all matter of perspective where the shots were taken from. Both of the shots above MK6 is lot closer to the camera so it seems bigger, but in person I'm telling you MK7 looked bigger than mine. Lower yes, but looked lot longer and just bigger. I can't explain it really. Also looks at that...
  10. 220volt

The last few, comparing to newer MK7. I parked mine next to MK7, and MK7 looked enormous in comparison. I do like MK7's face better. More aggressive, but from the side and the back, it almost looked like a crossover and not a hot hatch.
  11. 220volt

That still doesn't take away the fact that I don't like it. But, that's my personal preference, because I like the compactness of older GTI's.
  12. 220volt

Few days ago was the first time I saw MK7 in person, I did not like it at all. It looked awesome in photos, but in person, it looks way too long! It almost looks more like a caravan than a hatch back. Did not like how the back tappers towards the top and it is not as flat as MK6. Too many lines...
  13. 220volt

Moving from New England to Hawaii - life change, need thoughts

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread, but if you don't have a job lined up and you hate your profession, are you planning to live just off your savings and then come back when you run out of it? That to me sounds more like a vacation then a lifestyle change? As 09vdubgti already mentioned...
  14. 220volt

4th Gen Miata/MX-5

I tested 2013 BRZ and 2013 Miata (167/hp) back to back last year, and despite being 300lbs lighter than the BRZ, Mazda felt like Prius comapred to BRZ. I know old saying is "maybe doesn't have the power but it's fun.", but to me power is big part of fun! It is not everything of course but if I...
  15. 220volt

Whats your occupation?

Car forums in general have disproportionally more IT, Engineering, Science majors because people in those professions are more inclined to post on forums and talk about all aspects of cars anyway (including mechanical and inner workings of it). That's just how their brain is wired. If you go to...
  16. 220volt

Walking dead !

Actually writers revealed a long time ago that only two people 100% safe are Rick and Carl. Because they're central to the story. Everyone else is game.
  17. 220volt

Walking dead !

I am thinking people at Terminus are cannibals. Luring survivors from all over so just they can have a super.
  18. 220volt

Is my GTI angry or happy?

My perception would be "mmmmm some garlic and relish."
  19. 220volt

Walking dead !

In one of those Talking Dead shows that follows the TWD episodes, one of the producers or directors (can't rememebr which) said that no one is safe except Rick and Karl, because they're pretty much central to the whole story and the ending.
  20. 220volt

Is my GTI angry or happy?

Friend of my sees my GTI as smiling, while I see it as angry, kind of menacing. Just wondering what is your perception.