GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New C63 AMG... 200 # lighter than a Mustang GT

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
:laugh:
Arguably with wayyyy more tech and safety as well ;)

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motor...63--now-with-turbos-and-503-hp-152006995.html

Fuel efficiency is said to be improved by 32-percent over the outgoing C63, and while a healthy portion of that is down to the smaller engine displacement and tipping the scales at a svelte 3,615 lbs.
In its top trim, the C63 S boasts 503 hp and 516 lb.-ft. of torque

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I thought those all handle like crap and have INSANE maintenance costs? I've never driven any Benz, no interest.

That goes for every euro performance car.

I liked the last gen. Drove the vanilla version of current gen... it was alright too.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Rode shotgun in a straight piped C63 coupe on a canyon run a while back...

My nether regions definitely tingled from excitement. Mercedes' current interior is amazing imo, so this should be no different.

Not a huge fan of how this one looks, but it'll still be typical AMG madness. Gusta.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dem vents :eek:

wait, the new Mustang GT weighs 3800lbs?!? DAFUQ.

220volt

Ready to race!
I just wish they haven't stole GTI's steering wheel.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Don't really follow the 'stangs, mang. ;)

Only thing I was ever somewhat enticed by is the outgoing gen GT with track pack/brembos, but that's about it.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Don't really follow the 'stangs, mang. ;)

Only thing I was ever somewhat enticed by is the outgoing gen GT with track pack/brembos, but that's about it.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I thought I remembered the AMG's all underperforming compared to the competition in anything but a straight line, is that not true? I'd still drive an E55 wagon but that's for like $20k :lol:

I think the gap has been narrowing every generation. There is always a trade off right? In the MB case it is that they tend to be the best riding/most refined of the Germans