GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4th Gen Miata/MX-5

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I think they will. Having driven NAs, NBs and Merkle's car, the NC is definitely fastest. I can't imagine they'll release the new car just blatantly slower than the outgoing one.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

220volt

Ready to race!
I tested 2013 BRZ and 2013 Miata (167/hp) back to back last year, and despite being 300lbs lighter than the BRZ, Mazda felt like Prius comapred to BRZ. I know old saying is "maybe doesn't have the power but it's fun.", but to me power is big part of fun! It is not everything of course but if I don't have torque and power, 50% of the fun is gone. That is why I went with GTI instead of BRZ or MX5.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Did you reply with "but ZOOM ZOOM!"?

God, I wish.

I tested 2013 BRZ and 2013 Miata (167/hp) back to back last year, and despite being 300lbs lighter than the BRZ, Mazda felt like Prius comapred to BRZ. I know old saying is "maybe doesn't have the power but it's fun.", but to me power is big part of fun! It is not everything of course but if I don't have torque and power, 50% of the fun is gone. That is why I went with GTI instead of BRZ or MX5.

If I was buying a new car I would probably go BRZ over the NC but if they can cut it another 2-300 pounds and keep that 170ish hp I think it will be a BRZ killer.