GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well got the dash all back together and secured (it was all loosely placed lol). Hit a snag swapping the brakes around, don't have OEM caliper mounting bolts for the stock spindles so could get the R brakes swapped over. Ordered new bolts this morning, should be here tomorrow.

Swapping the full fire suppression system over tonight and finishing up some minor tweaks here and there. Will finish up the brake swap Friday after work.

Also need to order another new seat, need to have a passanger seat the can fit larger people, at this point my only option is to swap the passanger seat over from my 09 daily when needed and I just don't want to have to do that.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Full fire suppression systems? Tell me more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Full fire suppression systems? Tell me more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll get some pictures of the system, but it's a fire extinguisher with hardlines and nozzles on a quick hit valve. Tank is always on, cotter pin in the handle/valve, pull pin hit handle SPRAY EVERYWHERE.

Have one 360° nozzle under the dash and one 360° nozzle right above the turbo heat shield.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
You have a passat?

Wife's daily, 2013 2.5 SEL. ABSOLUTELY LOVE that car, such a pleasure to drive, reliable, comfortable. It is bone stock and she won't let me touch it. I said Eibach R1's, 6spd manual swap, turbo and wheels but she wouldn't go for it.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Fire suppression system is 90% done, just have the last line to run through the firewall and we're all set. Finally got the R32 brakes swapped over and took it for a test drive, muuuuuch better. Got my pedal back and the setup works flawlessly. Meth was not spraying for some unknown reason, all powered up but pump never kicked on, I'll have to look into that one.

Otherwise coming together nicely, just slowly. Will post pics when I can figure out a new image hosting solution.