GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Care to share these pics?

After I do some post processing I'll post them up.

Thanks for the suspension info.

As for not short-shifting with a manual vs dsg, I think it's less about any gearing differences and more about the time it takes to shift. If you short shift with a manual, in the time it takes to find the next gear you can fall out of the powerband. Shifting at redline means when you hit the next gear you're still in the meat of the powerband. A dsg shifts so fast that you can short shift and still hold boost and land near your peak tq when you upshift.

I may be wrong but I think the two trannies are geared the same; someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's true, and I definitely agree with you on being in the powerband when you shift higher. The other advantage DSG has is it holds boost between the shift. Unless you have a WOTBOX, the same isn't true for a 6MT.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Washed, waxed, and took a couple quick pics.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Gave my cousin a manual driving lesson yesterday. Today I did more cleaning under my hood.

This is what it looked like at the end of last weekend

Today I removed the hood latch and seal, cleaned the latch, and put it back on. Didn't put the seal back on because it was really crappy looking so I'm going to buy a new one this week.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Sorry if the pictures are a little big.

So I did a little bit more work on the Red car today.

Installed the new subframe mount.

Untitled by Max Wobbles, on Flickr

Took off the upper part of the subframe.

I was only going to change out the one side that was messed up, but I'm glad I took off the other (passenger) side, wasn't too happy with what I found.

Kind of hard to tell in the pictures, but it appears to be a semi-shoddy repair from when I had my wreck in this car years ago. It looks to me like the part was damaged, and they drilled it out and helicoiled it. In the first picture above you can see the threads are pulled out and messed up, then in the second picture you can see the threaded insert.

You can tell the bolts are hugely different.

So... good stuff. :mad:

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
The second ones my favourite, I like the bigger angle and the fact that you can see the shadow of the chase car, gives it a race feel

Clipse

4 Doors Fit More Whores!
Car(s)
09 VW GLI
Did racecar things!

Quite happy with these times with the heavy BBS wheels and traction control on (I forgot to turn it off)
Definitely need to work on my reaction times though.

Eek... I'm running 9's in my 6MT and that was with my HEAVY ass Rotiforms and nearly bald street tires. My buddy in his mkvi DSG was running 8's. I'm curious to know what I'll do with my new wheels and Competition DOT's. What are your mods?

TylerZGTI

Car(s)
MKV M6 GTI
I've been busy with my GTI the past few weeks. He got new rims and tires; pilot super sports.

ECS LED interior and exterior kits
APR stage 1 was done last week, WOW
Unfortunately the APR carbonio CAI is on serious backorder...
New cam follower after 98,000 miles...barely any wear
New brakes and rotors all around
Today will be the ECS projector fogs and a Kenwood DNX890HD

Clipse

4 Doors Fit More Whores!
Car(s)
09 VW GLI
You read correctly. My car is strong, predictable, reliable and logical. There's no way that he's a she.

So in essence you like sticking it in and turning him on?... :biggrin: I'm not hating on that.

And to eurocars, shit looks dope my man!