GOLFMKV

Upgraded T25 exhaust manifold for GTX2867R

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Bad news

Bad news
I get my engine down in order to wrap the VF Engineering Exhaust Manifold and the Down Pipe and to install new parts. But, I found the VF exhaust manifold I just purchased is cracked :frown:

Exhaust Manifold.jpg

Also, the ATP housing is cracked too :(

Turbine Housing.jpg

I contacted ATP and I found .64 A/R Ni Resist housing which is a good option
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-HSG-005

I contacted VF two times but they didn't even reply to my emails while I was getting an immediate reply before when I was purchasing the manifold! :(
I am expecting that they will send a replacement manifold if they care about their customers, I hope they care about customers!

I don't want to spend too much money because the IE450T is in my short plan.

Also I am still looking for the APR exhaust manifold.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Today I received the ATP .64 A/R Ni Resist turbine housing.

The material looks different and better than the old one I have.

I will leave you with the pics.

IMG_6217-2.jpg

IMG_6218-2.jpg

IMG_6219-2.jpg

IMG_6220-2.jpg

IMG_6221-2.JPG

I am waiting for the new VF Engineering replacement manifold and other IE stuff, hopefully to receive it within couple of days to put the car together again and see the results. :paddle:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
That's not the first time I've seen VF exhaust parts crack. I've seen 2 3.2 VR6 manifolds crack amd a 2.5 mani crack. I wonder about their quality, not saying it's crap by any means, but everyone I know that's run them have had issues. I would highly suggest just getting a true tubular manifold built. It's high dollars but with the work you have done why not invest in something truly worth while?

I'm not surprised at the cast manifold issues at all. I am surprised no fabricators have come on here and offered any other options. not sure if they don't want to bother with the vw crowd or what

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
That's not the first time I've seen VF exhaust parts crack. I've seen 2 3.2 VR6 manifolds crack amd a 2.5 mani crack. I wonder about their quality, not saying it's crap by any means, but everyone I know that's run them have had issues. I would highly suggest just getting a true tubular manifold built. It's high dollars but with the work you have done why not invest in something truly worth while?

I don't know why it happened with VF stuff, it seems it's crap!
I am not sure that anyone here in my country can do a good tubular manifold and in all cases I plan to get the IE450T kit so I will use the VF replacement manifold until I get the IE kit.
The only manifold I can go for once it is available is APR stage3 manifold

I'm not surprised at the cast manifold issues at all. I am surprised no fabricators have come on here and offered any other options. not sure if they don't want to bother with the vw crowd or what

I contacted many vendors and no one want to sell an individual manifold, the only one I found was CTS T3 manifold with external WG, and purchasing T3 housing and External WG with a new DP were not in my plan that time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
I am waiting for the new VF Engineering replacement manifold and other IE stuff, hopefully to receive it within couple of days to put the car together again and see the results. :paddle:

You may want to modify that new VF manifold to prevent that same cracking. It's clear that it dosnt flow great and the hot gases warped that dividing which cracked the manifold IMO . Bob G

I would clean up all the inside edges so they have smooth transition and no sharp edges , IMO I would also pay special attention on the dividing wall and round all the edges and then mill down that dividing about 2-3 " so it opens up and flows better in that area so heat can't build up warping things. Bob G

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
You may want to modify that new VF manifold to prevent that same cracking. It's clear that it dosnt flow great and the hot gases warped that dividing which cracked the manifold IMO . Bob G

I would clean up all the inside edges so they have smooth transition and no sharp edges , IMO I would also pay special attention on the dividing wall and round all the edges and then mill down that dividing about 2-3 " so it opens up and flows better in that area so heat can't build up warping things. Bob G

It is good idea but I am not sure who can do it here! I will share it with my mechanic and see if we found someone can do it or not.

I am thinking to coat the manifold, I am searching for a good company here to do Thermal Coated for the new VF manifold.
The point is I am not sure from the correct material that need to be used for the thermal coat.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Yup. Not a big fan of the ATP manifold either. But its been a year and have not had any timing issues yet. The lag is a pain but manageable. If I do upgrade im upgrading the turbo as well. Love the tubular design.

Alpha_GTi

Alpha_GTi
Car(s)
MkV GTi / R32 GTR
Thanx for this. Will be staying well clear of the ATP manifold now. Keen to see how this turns out :thumbsup: