GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgraded T25 exhaust manifold for GTX2867R

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I upgraded my 2007 GTI 2.0T FSI to GTX2867R Turbocharger T25 with internal wastegate; unfortunately that I am running the GTX2867R turbo with the ATP T25 exhaust manifold which makes terrible spooling and timing issues. :thumbdown:

In order to get the maximum from my turbo and hardware setup, the tuner recommended replacing the ATP T25 exhaust manifold by a high flow one that can fix the terrible timing and spooling issues happened because of the ATP exhaust manifold.

I thought that the APR exhaust manifold will be plug and play and I will just need to adjust the air intake and downpipe locations as I saw many people speak about that. So, I spent long time looking for APR stage 3 exhaust manifold but I didn't find. :iono:

I looked for for an alternative one to be connected directly to my GTX2867R Turbocharger while keeping the T25 housing and the internal wastegate. I am targeting the maximum 480HP (maybe more) from my GTX which for sure not achieved now because of the exhaust manifold limitation.

I found the VF Engineering T25 Exhaust Manifold which looks very similar to the APR one. :thumbsup:

More over, I found the Wig-art tubular one too which look amazing too. :clap:

I think I will go for the VF Engineering T25 Exhaust Manifold and I will postpone the Wig-art for another upgrade!

I hope the terrible spooling and timing issues will disappear when I use the VF Engineering T25 Exhaust Manifold and hope will be the same performance of APR one. :bow:

Attachments

• Wig Art T25_1.jpg
    Wig Art T25_1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 2,722
  • VF Exhaust Manifold 01.JPG
    VF Exhaust Manifold 01.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 2,517
  • VF Exhaust Manifold 02.JPG
    VF Exhaust Manifold 02.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 2,791

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
From the research ive done, its a log type manifold. The inherent issues with this style are that it ends up being a bottleneck. So before your exhaust gases even reach your turbo it is effectively creating back pressure in the system, which would definitely cause timing to be pulled back. The pressure built up in the cylinder can not evacuate quickly enough and your motor has to compensate big time for it.

Hope that helps!

If my knowledge of exhaust systems or my research are incorrect, someone please correct it. But from my working knowledge this is the issue.

On a side note, OP, where are you finding the VF manifold? I don't think its even in production and if it was, it was a very small production number. Someone other than APR really needs to step up with a decently built and reasonably priced manifold for our cars.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Your researchs about the log manifold are correct but keep in mind that the APR is log manifold and the exhaust manifold in new integrated engineering golf R IE450 Kit is log manifold too! And APR one proofs that's its a good one, and for sure the IE one will be great too like all their products!

The different in the above two manifolds that both are casted manifolds and in the flow design which are excellent too in the VF one.

Check this video which an old one but will clarify a lot

http://youtu.be/4PKx8ZA8EdE

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Guess what arrived today?

Finally the VF-Engineering exhaust manifold.

I will try to install it tomorrow and wrap the Miltek exhaust and also install the PTP turbo blanket.
I hope the VF manifold will be really similar to APR.

Attachments

• IMG_5022.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 1,799
  • IMG_5023.JPG
    IMG_5023.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,815
  • IMG_5026.JPG
    IMG_5026.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 1,910

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
We did a lot yesterday, We took the engine out and replaced the ATP manifold by the VF one and guess what! :paddle:

We found the T25 old gasket is broken and the DP gasket is very bad and poor. :mad: Thanks GOD that I decided to change the manifold to discover it.

Do you think it was one of the lag reasons?

Also, we installed the PTP Turbo Blanket. :wub:

Today we will put everything together and will see!

Attachments

• IMG_5044.jpg
    IMG_5044.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 1,796
  • IMG_5045.jpg
    IMG_5045.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 1,817
  • IMG_5040.jpg
    IMG_5040.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 1,875
  • IMG_5042.jpg
    IMG_5042.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 1,774
  • IMG_5043.jpg
    IMG_5043.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 1,950

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
The car is together from 2 days ago. I did some logs and sent it to Dm and the results was very good. :thumbsup:

- VF manifold is hitting the same boost pressure 500 rpm sooner than the ATP manifold using less N75.
- It is also making more timing advance.
- The car is more responsive than before.
- It spools faster and I can recognize it while driving.
- The car is smoother than before while cruising on D drive.
- The VF manifold is doing everything much better than the ATP manifold. :clap:
I can feel the differences! :happyanim:

I am working with Dm in the tuning phase and the indicators looks fine.

Thanks a lot for Bronson (Dm) for the suggestion to replace the ATP manifold and other hardware parts.

Thanks a lot for Issam (INA) for the suggestion of VF-Engineering manifold.

I will keep you updated with the coming results.

turbod4life

turbod4life
Car(s)
vw gti mkv
Nice car bro keep post coming

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I didn't see the manifold listed on their site. How did you go about ordering it?

Seconded. I can't find te manifold anywhere for sale.

Issam (INA) recommended it to me and I did some researches and checked their video in YouTube and I found it very good, then I got the email from the website and I contacted them.

That's all.