GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgraded T25 exhaust manifold for GTX2867R

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Your original manifold isn't great, but I'm very skeptical that the DESIGN alone was responsible for all your issues.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
soooo....those leaks could have been the reason behind the shitty spool and knock tho?

Your original manifold isn't great, but I'm very skeptical that the DESIGN alone was responsible for all your issues.

I am quite sure that the ATP manifold was the major factor, maybe there were other factors but a friend of mine who drive an identical car to mine (even with all modifications) and he has the same spooling and other issues. Btw, the two cars are almost twins.

Now the car performs well and I am planning to install the IE intake manifold once they release it. :wub:

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
I saw a manifold that looks exactly like ATP´s, it might actually be ATP, what kind of limitations it has? or problems, for a known faulty product it has a lot of time on the market and i guess it is still selling, i might couple it with a Precision 5831/5431 turbo later trying to keep things on a budget, i still have to pay import + international shipping fees on all parts bought on the US, i know that turbo has journal bearings, but for a brand new setup the price is great, any thoughts? TIA.

http://store.034motorsport.com/prod...si/t3-flanged-2-0t-cast-exhaust-manifold.html

What about CTS manifold? It looks a little better than the one from ATP/034Motorsport.

http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/products/CTS_FSI_TSI_Golf_R_Turbo_Manifold_T3_Flanged-371-0.html

Last edited:

drepai

Go Kart Champion
That's the ATP manifold, from a performance standpoint it is absolute crap. In my case it started to struggle above 400whp and caused slow spool, power would taper past 6k because it can't flow enough and I'm not seeing full boost until after 5000rpm with a 3076. The CTS is far better, worth the extra cash without a doubt. I've seen people get well over 500whp with the CTS gtx3071r kit.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
That's the ATP manifold, from a performance standpoint it is absolute crap. In my case it started to struggle above 400whp and caused slow spool, power would taper past 6k because it can't flow enough and I'm not seeing full boost until after 5000rpm with a 3076. The CTS is far better, worth the extra cash without a doubt. I've seen people get well over 500whp with the CTS gtx3071r kit.

:thumbsup:
Adding to the above I was facing spool time loss and other things I sorted in previous posts.
The ATP manifold is a crap and the reason why it is still selling is because the ATP manifold arrives with the GTX standard kits, and the APR exhaust manifold is part of the kit and they don't sell it separately, and the VF-Engineering manifold is not published on their website too, so no one know much about it. And it is not easy to find a high flow T25 manifold while it is easier to get T3 one or to find company can do custom one.
Also, it will be losing money to do a custom T25 tubular manifold because it will be too expensive compared to the power gain you will have.

The CTS T3 exhaust manifold is very good specially the thermal coated one, friend of mine is in the mid of the purchasing process of it with the CTS downpipe and probably will install it by April or May. I will let you know the results once he did it.
By the way, he run the GTX3076R with the ATP T3 manifold and he face a serious spooling, timing and back pressure issues.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"

:thumbsup:
Adding to the above I was facing spool time loss and other things I sorted in previous posts.
The ATP manifold is a crap and the reason why it is still selling is because the ATP manifold arrives with the GTX standard kits, and the APR exhaust manifold is part of the kit and they don't sell it separately, and the VF-Engineering manifold is not published on their website too, so no one know much about it. And it is not easy to find a high flow T25 manifold while it is easier to get T3 one or to find company can do custom one.
Also, it will be losing money to do a custom T25 tubular manifold because it will be too expensive compared to the power gain you will have.

The CTS T3 exhaust manifold is very good specially the thermal coated one, friend of mine is in the mid of the purchasing process of it with the CTS downpipe and probably will install it by April or May. I will let you know the results once he did it.
By the way, he run the GTX3076R with the ATP T3 manifold and he face a serious spooling, timing and back pressure issues.

Thanks for the replies, it was too good to be true, the price of the CTS is ok, i will start saving and eventually jump on it then, the coating i have heard is a nice thing to have.

How about the Precision 5431E? The price its about half of what a nice BB turbo is, probably even less than half, i know spooling will suffer, any thoughts on this turbos? It has the billet wheel, and it seems to have the same compressor wheel design like the high end ones according to their description, i am thinking a little over 400whp with rods.

http://realstreetperformance.com/Tu...-Entry-Level-5431-MFS-500HP-Turbocharger.html

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
How is the fitment on the VF manifold? Where does it put the placement of the turbo. The nice thing is the ATP allows for the standard DP fitment. Does it stay the same with the different manifold?

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
i like the tuned header looking arrangement of the VF manifold you got. I also got mildly interested in that atp 28RS once, then said naw, would be like bolting on k04 but non factory style, & with ball bearing. the guy who flashed me said that 3076 & highers were "better suited for higher reving cars (beyond our 7k) like 8000rpm+"

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Thanks for the replies, it was too good to be true, the price of the CTS is ok, i will start saving and eventually jump on it then, the coating i have heard is a nice thing to have.

How about the Precision 5431E? The price its about half of what a nice BB turbo is, probably even less than half, i know spooling will suffer, any thoughts on this turbos? It has the billet wheel, and it seems to have the same compressor wheel design like the high end ones according to their description, i am thinking a little over 400whp with rods.

http://realstreetperformance.com/Tu...-Entry-Level-5431-MFS-500HP-Turbocharger.html

Unfortunately I have no idea about the Precision 5431E turbo. But, I suggest thinking of the EFR turbos, in my opinion it is better than GTX turbos but it needs time to be more wider.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
How is the fitment on the VF manifold? Where does it put the placement of the turbo. The nice thing is the ATP allows for the standard DP fitment. Does it stay the same with the different manifold?

The fitment on the VF manifold was nice but I had to do some changes in the down pipe and the turbo inlet pipe, but overall it was manageable.

The ATP manifold places the turbine housing inlet in-front cylinder #3, the VF manifold places the turbine housing inlet in-front cylinder #2.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
i like the tuned header looking arrangement of the VF manifold you got. I also got mildly interested in that atp 28RS once, then said naw, would be like bolting on k04 but non factory style, & with ball bearing. the guy who flashed me said that 3076 & highers were "better suited for higher reving cars (beyond our 7k) like 8000rpm+"

It depends on your goal, in my opinion K04 is better than the 28RS specially that you can tune the K04 for extreme power like Dm K04+ high octane file and you still have the factory style turbo.

Also, you can still rev the K04 cars higher than the 7k but it will be useless. Starting from the GTX3071 the rev beyond 7k will be noticeable but you will have to do many work in the cylinder head and the cost will be too much too.

Again it depends on your goal!

Zach L

VR junkie
Great info in this thread. Keep the personal experiences coming!

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
The fitment on the VF manifold was nice but I had to do some changes in the down pipe and the turbo inlet pipe, but overall it was manageable.

The ATP manifold places the turbine housing inlet in-front cylinder #3, the VF manifold places the turbine housing inlet in-front cylinder #2.

Ah thank you. Good to know.