GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

to polish or not to polish, that is the question.

polish them?

• do it!

Votes: 36 48.0%
  • naw, don't do it.

Votes: 39 52.0%

• Total voters

RobbDizzle

Ambalamps Dispatcher
Car(s)
07 VW GTI 5-door
I'm polishing up a set of these A6 sport wheels right now, actually. Mine are 18 though, I believe these 19's are reps. It's a bit of a tough go since theres just so much damn clear/paint/primer on each wheel before you get it down to bare bare metal. I thought I had stripped them down all the way but it turns out I'd only gone through the top layer of paint!

they're going to look killer when they're done though....I've never seen them polished.

GotGTI?

caus GTI is raycekor. :-|
I'm polishing up a set of these A6 sport wheels right now, actually. Mine are 18 though, I believe these 19's are reps. It's a bit of a tough go since theres just so much damn clear/paint/primer on each wheel before you get it down to bare bare metal. I thought I had stripped them down all the way but it turns out I'd only gone through the top layer of paint!

they're going to look killer when they're done though....I've never seen them polished.

i am definitely interested in seeing yours finished, please hit me up when you've completed them! :thumbsup:

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Don't polish. If you want something different, why not paint them like gray or black? I'd say go w/ like gunmeal gray paint and then colormatch the grill, mirror caps, and spoiler. Should add some nice contrast to break all that RS. Just a thought.

Horus USAF

shhh Im thinkin......
Car(s)
06 GTI
Leave as is. lil more low=sex

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW
Don't polish. If you want something different, why not paint them like gray or black? I'd say go w/ like gunmeal gray paint and then colormatch the grill, mirror caps, and spoiler. Should add some nice contrast to break all that RS. Just a thought.

not to be a dick but everyone paints their wheels gunmetal, gray, or black :thumbdown:

i saw polished for sureee

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Not my greatest work, but you get the idea anyway. If you don't like it, no big deal. Like I said, just a thought. Adds some contrast.

Before

RS GTI to Gray.jpg

After

RS GTI with Gray Wheels.jpg

GotGTI?

caus GTI is raycekor. :-|
yeah i've chopped them all sorts of colors previously but i just can't seem to find a color or tone i like with them. not to say i don't like them silver, but colors just didn't look good on these wheels.

also, i already have a set of black wheels, so i'm good in that area.