GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

to polish or not to polish, that is the question.

polish them?

• do it!

Votes: 36 48.0%
  • naw, don't do it.

Votes: 39 52.0%

• Total voters

RobbDizzle

Ambalamps Dispatcher
Car(s)
07 VW GTI 5-door
This is hard work man....my arms are dead!

GotGTI?

caus GTI is raycekor. :-|
yeah dude i tried stripping one of my huffs with the aircraft remover and it's like you said, layer by layer. it was a bitch and i only stripped one and gave up and sanded the rest, as i ran out of remover and did not want to buy more. if i were to polish my a6's i'd take them somewhere that could acid dip/strip them for me.

dub4orl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mkv gti
glad you're getting it done. polished on RS looks phenomenal!!! prepare for hell though...lol...

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
don't polish those. You will regret it!

I would leave them as is, awesome looking wheel & really finishes off the car nicely.

Last thing, don't paint /gunmetal/black etc either!

Jonny_5

Ready to race!
I like polished wheels, but keep in mind that polishing a wheel that started out as a painted wheel takes a lot of work. It requires more sanding than a machined finish wheel (like huffs) because the casting has a lot of imperfections that will show if you don't sand it down properly in the early stages. I know this because I just finished polishing my AMG's. The whole process really sucked. I didn't spend enough time sanding the wheels in the 200-400 grit range. So even though I got them to look shiny they are far from perfect. It doesn't have the deep mirror finish I was trying to get. But I'm sick of working on them so that's as good as it'll get.

matsu

Ready to race!
that pic looks real good
are they et35's?
link me to more pics if you have them please.wanna c the way they sit.
so methinks leave as is!!!!
matsu

2wdBlazer

Ready to race!
debating on polishing my Audi wheels, i feel like i have too much of one color going on and want to kind of separate it all up.

share your thoughts and/or vote!

Very hard to tell the actual color on those. Are they body matched or just Audi stock and look body matched in the pics.

I say leave them alone please.