GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The R32 fuel mileage thread!

notkool59

Go Kart Champion
if i drive like my grandma then i would get good gas mileage probably 22+ but since it is an r32 i get like 16-17. not to mention i just go out and drive for no reason. i love this car:happyanim:

People can drive their R32's any why they wish, but it's still odd to me that you could own a car like this and then drive like grandma so you could get 26 mpg on every tank. What's the point in that? I dunno, I guess I just like to stay in sport mode half the time and keep on the gas pedal. Driving is the best part of my day, and the only thing better is perhaps driving to get coffee.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Not to bang on you guys... when I had my '95 GLX VR6 (different beast fer sure) I added a chip with a down pipe and full exhaust and gained 3 more MPG HWY. With my current GTI I have seen 40HWY with my mods driving like a Grandma.

My 1998 Jetta GLX 5 speed was very unefficient when it came to mileage. 12v VR6's don't seem as thrifty as the 24v's. Probably due to more air flow. I'd get 18mpg in the winter, 20 in the warm months. I did beat the hell out of it though. The best I got was ~26mpg on a 400 mile trip. With it being FWD and ~2900lbs, you would've thought it would be better.

My friend's MkIV R32 gets 24-28 I believe on the highway. Maybe higher.

mikeb748

Passed Driver's Ed
im tryin to figure out y my mileage is so bad
i get about 11-12 mpg <200 per tank
got about 320 miles on the car

I dont feel so bad. My wife drives it 100% city. Our best yet was 16.7MPG (all city, all babied). This time was 14.2MPG (all city all babied). The calculations are based off of miles driven/gallons filled.

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
I've only had a chance to put barely 1900 miles on her so far, but I'm averaging around 15mpg all city. Moderate driving. Revo flash at 1K.

ad78

Ultimate Driving Machine
Car(s)
08 BSM 135i & 09 X5
I dont feel so bad. My wife drives it 100% city. Our best yet was 16.7MPG (all city, all babied). This time was 14.2MPG (all city all babied). The calculations are based off of miles driven/gallons filled.

check your tires man.. try 44/42 or 42/40 front/rear

SaintMiles

People can drive their R32's any why they wish, but it's still odd to me that you could own a car like this and then drive like grandma so you could get 26 mpg on every tank. What's the point in that? I dunno, I guess I just like to stay in sport mode half the time and keep on the gas pedal. Driving is the best part of my day, and the only thing better is perhaps driving to get coffee.

Right On. Same for me. Driving throughout the day for work(coffeeshops), certainly enhances the day. I'm always driving to get coffee.

HawkPilot6060

Pile It
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
1st tank I got 18.2mpg, with alot of "flooring it". 2nd tank I got 20.2mpg, with alot of high speed cruising "85+". On my 3rd tank now, looks to be about 20mpg or so, but drove it hard thru the mountains for 135 miles. rick.

Aargh_32

Ready to race!
on a trip from Gainesville to Tampa in August I registered my highest mileage at 24.6mpg. I ran the cruise control at 70 mph, didn't pass much, and definitely got driven by, lol...

mikeb748

Passed Driver's Ed
Something I did notice on my Passat and my wife's R32. The climate has changed recently, has lowered about 7-8 degrees. I can now get 20MPG (all city) in my Passat and my wife's MPG is at about 16.2's.

When I read other threads, for those who are getting closer to what they are rated for, seems like the people in the NE get the better MPG.

PhantomX

I have Automotive ADD
Car(s)
2008 CW R32
Well before the Revo chip I was getting about 22 with a mix of city/hwy and around 275 miles per tank. After the Revo tune about 230 miles per tank and about 17mpg same mix of driving. Needless to say I pulled the Revo tune out today and got my $$$ back. To little performance for to much money with aweful gas mileage.

Without the Revo I could regularly see 30's just loafing around with the Revo never more then 23-34 doing the same driving in the same place. Now I'm back to what it was orginally and happy.

Frank Rizzo

Trailingthrottleoversteer
I'm getting 18-20 MPG easy. Canyon driving daily - no highways.

FWIW: Mrs. Rizzo gets 19 to 20 MPG in her 2006 New Beetle Convertible with the 2.5L 5-cyl.

She gets the bud vase. I get the Haldex :biggrin: